Thank you so much and I am so happy that you all loved it! Place chicken breasts into a large pot and cover with water; bring to a boil. I thought this recipe was exceptional! I can't believe this recipe had no butter or cream. Don’t be scared by the number of ingredients though - this dish comes together quickly and uses a lot of kitchen staples. Ready in under 1 hour it’s the perfect cozy Winter dinner! Test to see if it is hot through with an instant read thermometer. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Tips: To clean leeks, trim and discard green tops and white roots. Although crowns are more expensive than entire bunches, they are convenient and there is considerably less waste. Chicken Divan-Not Low cholesterol! Enter: this amazingly delish (and easy) Chicken Divan made from scratch! this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Sad thing is there was none left for me to take for lunch tomorrow. Layer cooked chicken on top of broccoli. That’s equally as bad. Problem is we are used to it that way but I would like to make the healthy version with the same taste. Sprinkle evenly with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan. As I said, traditional chicken divan is crazy yummy, but normally mega high in calories. It was a hit with my husband! Preheat oven to 400°. All Right Reserved. It’s the type of dish your mom and grandma likely grew up eating, and you’ve probably eaten it at least once in your life (even if you didn’t realize it at the time!). It’s the creamy Chicken and Broccoli Casserole classic recipe we all love, but it’s made entirely from scratch. To Make Ahead: Prepare through step 6 and cover with aluminum foil. Swish the leeks in the water to release any sand or soil. Cover with a layer of parchment and then a layer of plastic wrap and microwave until the broccoli is bright green, about 2 minutes. Spread half the broccoli mixture in the prepared baking dish. My daughter requests this dish often, and I happily oblige. Place the cooked broccoli in a 9 x 13 baking dish and layer the chicken on top. Then comes sherry, which always makes recipes taste a million times more comfort foody in my opinion. Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Today I made Chicken Divan with broccoli, (a little) sour cream and Parmesan- it’s a healthy version of the comfort food casserole made without canned soup and no mayo! Add garlic and cook until fragrant, 1 minute more. Put the chicken … Use leftover cooked chicken breasts, if you have them on hand, for an even faster dinner. If you love this recipe as much as I do, be sure to leave a review or share it on Instagram and tag @HealthySeasonal. Cook until chicken is no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, about 10 minutes. 4 servings DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Add flour; stir to coat. Ann Dunaway Teh & Lesley Baradel Healthy Chicken Divan. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes. That’s great to hear! Next, I sautéed the garlic and onion in the skillet with the fond from the chicken. Italian Baked Chicken Meatballs from Modern Proper, 30 Minute Gnocchi all’Amatriciana from Plays Well With Butter. It includes 15 of my family's favorites -- recipes and meals we go back to over and over again -- including simple to follow instructions and easy to find ingredients. Drain and slice into bite-size pieces. Place the broccoli in a saucepan with enough water to cover. of dijon mustard but that was it. Pour the soup mixture over the broccoli and chicken. Sprinkle the bread crumb mixture over the cheese. Bake until hot all the way through and the top is golden, 15 to 22 minutes. This was delicious! I’m a classically trained chef, former food stylist and also a reformed dieter. Carefully remove cover, drain broccoli. Add onion, garlic, salt, pepper and thyme and cook, stirring often until the onion is softened and starting to brown slightly, 3 to 4 minutes. I have been obsessing over these Oven Baked Meatballs with Parmesan this fall.