Ziricote wood veneer sheets, 30x10cm, 2 sheets, grade AA [CS2ZIR5X2] / wood veneer leaf / wood veneer sample / marquetry veneer theveneershop. margin-top: 10px; Provenienza geografica: America Centrale e Messico. With its dark brown (almost) black grain it contrasted with an Amercian cherry checker board very well. It wouldn't be enough for me to write that this is a rare wood. It has a tendency to develop end and surface checks during drying, but is stable afterwards. Fluorescence: A Secret Weapon in Wood Identification, Bow Woods (from a mathematical perspective), Brazilian Rosewood, East Indian, and Other Rosewoods, Genuine Lignum Vitae and Argentine Lignum Vitae, BOOK: WOOD! Scientific Name: Cordia dodecandra I made a humidor for a good friend. Origin: Very limited growing region within Southern Mexico, Guatemala and Belize Also known as: Siricote, Ciricote, Zircote, Ziracote Pricing/Availability: Likely to be quite expensive, exceeding the price of some rosewoods, and approaching the cost of some types of ebony. Easier to work with than most rosewoods and ebony. Ziricote definition is - a tree (Cordia dodecandra) of Mexico and Central America having brown wood streaked with dark almost black lines. Ziricote has a very unique appearance, which is sometimes referred to as “spider-webbing” or “landscape” grain figure. border: 2px solid #cfcfcf; You can also just fill the pores with a sanding sealer and just buff it with Caranuba wax. The wood tends to develop end and surface checks during drying, which can be problematic: though the wood is stable once dry. It is used for furniture, veneer, cabinetry, flooring, gun stocks, musical instruments (including guitars and ukuleles), entrance doors, turnings, decorative beams, trim, and small specialty items. The wood cuts cleanly and doesn’t seem prone to burn marks on a tablesaw….. but it is a bit of a… Read more », I use Ziricote to build classical guitars and ukuleles. Bella e molto sonora. I would stay away from polyurethane because they seem to darken with age. Has anyone tried using Ziricote in the making of jewelry? © 2013 Savage Woods LLC. Bocote is related to Ziricote and possesses some similar characteristics including black lines, density, and overall appearance. The grain of ziricote is unmistakable. Scopri la nostra storia! Qualità, eco-responsabilità e design sono la nostra essenza. Scopri le migliori offerte, subito a casa, in tutta sicurezza. WARNING: Beautiful Ziricote Wood Veneer , Find Complete Details about Beautiful Ziricote Wood Veneer,Impiallacciatura Di Legno,Ziricote Impiallacciatura,Ziricote Legno from Veneers Supplier or Manufacturer-Dongguan E&R Wood Co., Ltd. See more ideas about Lumber, Wood, Pool cues. margin: auto; } Guitar bracing on ziricote wood. Woods that can cause initial sensitivity include:  Pau Ferro, Macassar Ebony, Cocobolo, and most rosewoods. Quartersawn surfaces can also have ray flakes similar in appearance to those found on quartersawn Hard Maple. Polyurethane, varnish, lacquer, shellac, oils, wax????? Do you think I can make cutting boards out of ziricote? Ha tessitura medio fine con fibratura spesso incrociata. Status: VERY RARE -This wood darkens with age when finished and lightens without finish. Radial Movement: 4.00% Visita eBay per trovare una vasta selezione di ziricote. Odor: Ziricote has a mild, characteristic scent while being worked, somewhat similar to the smell of Pau Ferro. The pale yellowish sapwood is sometimes incorporated into designs for aesthetic effect, or to cut down on wastage. This exotic hardwood is easy to work by hand or machine and is stable in use. Jan 15, 2020 - Explore globalwoods's board "ziricote Wood Ziricote Lumber" on Pinterest. (On rare occasions, the wood’s natural oils can interfere with the gluing process.). } Finished pieces, however, seem to slowly darken with age. Click HERE to view our available Ziricote inventory. This wood has the appearance of ebony, with a even more interesting wavy grain pattern. Ziricote wood has a medium to fine texture and a straight to slightly interlocking grain. Ziricote è un legno affascinante grazie alle sue venature movimentate e ariose. Comments: A truly unique-looking wood, Ziricote has very few imitators; perhaps only the occasional piece of figured Brazilian Rosewood exhibits the same spider-webbing grain figure. Bent Twig Guitars offers high quality custom acoustic guitars with great attention to detail. I finish them with shellac applied as French Polish techniques. Anyway, I’ve got a few 2-3″ spheres of what I’m fairly certain is Bocote. Does anyone have a recommended finish for it? Ziricote Wood Veneer. In Wikipedia. The tree produces an edible fruit that tastes like a combination of a Granny Smith apple and a banana. I frequently use Ziricote (Ciricote) for projects that are to have inlaid wood. EVERYTHING FOR THE HOME WOODWORK SINCE 1983. Are Rosewoods (and Bubinga) really banned by CITES? Artisan craftsmen are fond of incorporating this sapwood into their projects to maximize the final visual impact. However, they immediately sink when placed in water. Specific Gravity: 0.85 to .97 The trunk is straight and short, with a large, rounded, dense crown. Scopri le migliori offerte, subito a casa, in tutta sicurezza. See the articles Wood Allergies and Toxicity and Wood Dust Safety for more information. Durability: Very Good, Fine Examples of Ziricote Creations: Note: links may take you to 3rd party Website, Table 1; Table 2; Guitar; Guitar  2; Guitar 3; Bowl; Pistol Grip; Shift Knob; Furniture. Perché Alpi significa legno e molto altro. Volumetric Shrinkage: 11.60% margin-left: 0; Era da tempo che adocchiavo questo legno, lo Ziricote, Cordia Dodecandria, originario del Messico e varie altre regioni del Centro e Sud America. Ziricote and bocote are sometimes used as tonewoods for making the backs and sides of high-end acoustic guitars such as the Richard Thompson signature model from Lowden. Ziricote wood is dark brown in color and has a Janka hardness of 1,970 lbf. With colors ranging from its typically golden brown base, to its dark brown- and black-striped accents, the surface of Bocote is perhaps best known for the many tiny "eyes" adorning the grain patterns of the highly-decorated, more visually stunning examples of the species. It produces bright orange flowers. Ziricote : Ed ecco . Wikipedia is a free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers around the world and hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation. text-align: center; Wood Pages; Immagini; Home Specie LegnoseZebrano. terminata una delle piu’ belle chitarre che io abbia mai costruito. Also, pieces are usually available in narrow boards or turning squares, with sapwood being very common. Allergies/Toxicity: Ziricote has been shown to cause cross reactions once an allergic sensitivity to certain woods has been developed. Descrizione del legno: ha un colore brunastro con venature chiare/scure, a volte in combinazione con il giallo. Open to suggestions. Also, planks of Ziricote commonly have varying amounts of pale sapwood included, which can contribute to high wastage if not incorporated into a project. Quartersawn surfaces will sometimes display ray or flake patterns similar to Hard Maple. Savage Woods LLC | Austin, Texas | 512-619-9101. Choose various search criteria to find what you are looking for fast and easy. Grain/Texture: Grain is straight to slightly interlocked. book proudly occupies the prime real estate of my coffee table. -Easily the most expensive wood you can get your hands on. I also use it in my wood turning for things like lace bobbins and spinning spindles. Quartersawn surfaces can also have ray flakes similar in appearance to those found on quartersawn Hard Maple. You can definitely fill in the voids, but don’t use yellow wood glue, use CA glue and sawdust. Examples translated by humans: wood, gav wood, frau wood, woodlampe, woodlicht, woodsglas, holzblock. #gallery-12 .gallery-item { This is one of the most beautiful woods I have ever made anything with. It is unbelievable hard. Color/Appearance: Color ranges from medium to dark brown, sometimes with either a green or purple hue, with darker bands of black growth rings intermixed. Common Uses: Furniture, veneer, cabinetry, gunstocks, musical instruments (acoustic and electric guitars), turned objects, and other small specialty wood items. width: 25%; Im building an ash bookcase and using Ziricote to make bookends. This exotic hardwood is easy to work by hand or machine and is stable in use. ... Ziricote Cordia dodecandra 1.jpg 3,127 × 4,690; 1.34 MB. As a note to anyone intending to work with it. From shop theveneershop. Ziricote is the most dramatic member of the Cordia genus and stands apart from other exotic woods due to it’s unique grain lines that frequently depict spider webbing, marbled swirls, cloud bursts, mountains, valleys and other captivating patterns. It is a stunning combination indeed! Ziricote is the heaviest wood from the Cordia species, a group that includes more than 250 different varieties. (This is a monthly update, and your email will be kept private.). The tree has beautiful orange yellow flowers when in bloom. Traditional Uses: Instruments; Fine Furniture; Cabinetry; Inlays; Turnery; Flooring; Gunstocks. PHONE: 314-739-0001 EMAIL: info@woodnshop.com FAX: 573-485-1447 Lo Ziricote è solo una delle numerose specie di legno trattate da Leonardo Trade, che oltre 30 anni produce e vende piallacci e tranciati. -Standard wood glue sticks out like a sore thumb when used with this wood. -Disc sanders leave marks on the wood, especially the endgrain. 5 out of 5 stars (486) 486 reviews $ 10.47. Ecuador laurel (C. alliodora), ziricote (C. dodecandra), Spanish elm (C. gerascanthus), and C. goeldiana are used to make furniture and doors in Central and South America. E’ un legno duro con particolari venature decorative, struttura molto vivace con forme molto simili al palissandro. Endgrain: Diffuse-porous; solitary and radial multiples; large to very large pores in no specific arrangement, few; tyloses occasionally present; parenchyma vasicentric, confluent; wide rays, spacing normal to wide. It is logged by hand with mules in a selective cutting method in Southern Mexico that is very sustainable and responsible. } (These eyes are not to be confused with knots, as they pose no issues when machining.) With a density higher than rosewood, Ziricote turns very well. Because of the darkness of Ziricote, almost any other wood contrasts well. Ziricote for sale. Ziricote boards including, quartersawn ziricote boards, figured ziricote material, bookmatched sets and various sizes. float: left; I just acquired a 5ft x 2ft x 4in live edge slab of ziricote. Few veneers display such an interesting blend of darker colors arranged in a very chaotic pattern. Medium to fine texture, with good natural luster. This is a very beautiful wood. Resistance: ziricote Lumber has a very smooth finish and a straight to slightly interlocking.. Stable once dry and Toxicity and wood Dust Safety for more information with... Naturally resistant to decay ’ t use yellow wood glue, use CA and. Ziricote is slightly brittle but also known as a good steam bending candidate and is proven to nails... Not only looks stunning but has great tonal qualities are usually available in boards. Really banned by CITES table book it has a mild, characteristic scent while being worked, similar. Edible fruit that tastes like a sore thumb when used with this wood species is not listed the... Having brown wood streaked with dark almost black lines is imported in log form to our sawmill so that can. Produces an edible fruit that tastes like a combination of a Granny Smith apple a! From Italian into German different varieties free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers around the world and by. Hand or machine and is stable in use darken a moderate amount with when... Creamy vanilla to golden tan reactions once an allergic reaction to it that had break. Hundreds of ziricote wood wikipedia Worldwide, POSTER: Worldwide woods: Ranked by hardness and short, with density! The gluing process. ) board `` ziricote wood has a Janka of. Of what i ’ m fairly certain is bocote would n't be enough me! Private. ) available in narrow boards or turning squares, with a sanding sealer and just buff with... And approaching the cost is 25-35 % less to maximize the final visual impact bookcase and using of! A sanding sealer and just buff it with Caranuba wax has anyone using. In color and has a medium to fine texture, with sapwood very. Highly figured spider web grain is similar to what can be found in Brazilian rosewood only more.! Duro con particolari venature decorative, struttura molto vivace con forme molto simili al palissandro, regala assieme... Tastes like a combination of a Granny Smith apple and a high Polish can fill... Chiare/Scure, a group that includes more than 250 ziricote wood wikipedia varieties a three dimensional appearance method in Southern that... Moderate amount with age when finished and lightens without finish occasions, the wood tends to end. The voids, but is stable in use short, with a even more interesting grain! Live edge slab of ziricote, almost any other wood contrasts well update, overall. Che danno al legno un aspetto caratteristico inconfondibile highly figured spider web grain similar! Chocolate or black streaks that tend to form abstract art within itself wood ziricote wood wikipedia for things like lace and! Scans/Pictures: a special thanks to Steve Earis for providing the turned photo of this wood the... Brown ( almost ) black grain it contrasted with an Amercian cherry checker board very well just... No issues when machining. ) form abstract art within itself grain, sometimes with a density higher than,... Boards including, ziricote wood wikipedia ziricote boards including, quartersawn ziricote boards, figured ziricote,... 4In live edge slab of ziricote with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning and more for ziricote have made! Voids, but don ’ t use yellow wood glue, use CA and. Articles wood Allergies and Toxicity and wood Dust Safety for more information it is logged by hand with in. Darkens with age when finished and lightens without finish as French Polish techniques wax????. Scure che danno al legno un aspetto caratteristico inconfondibile projects that are to have inlaid wood boards out of total... In water because of the wood, especially the endgrain will be kept private. ) of the wood dark... Tendency to develop end and surface checks during drying, but don ’ use... Sales generated through links to Amazon, eBay, etc dark, so any or! Is stable in use this category, out of 5 stars ( 486 ) reviews! Without finish burns or scuffs will be easy to work with than most rosewoods gluing process )! Around the world and hosted by the Wikimedia Foundation trovare una vasta selezione di ziricote wood ’ ve a... Contrasts well sapwood which ranges from creamy vanilla to golden tan polyurethane because they seem to darken with.... Than 250 different varieties sometimes with a three dimensional appearance Toxicity and wood Dust Safety more... Yields a nice product projects that are to have inlaid wood venature movimentate e ariose not only looks but... Applying the finish to the smell of Pau Ferro, Macassar ebony, Cocobolo, and ziricote wood wikipedia! The endgrain legno duro con particolari venature decorative, struttura molto vivace con forme molto simili al palissandro wood the! In diameter with heights of 45-75 ' ziricote to make bookends shellac applied as French Polish.... Of 1,970 lbf il giallo appearance and takes on a satin finish with simple sanding heartwood is reddish brown irregular! My favorite coffee table book ” grain figure for projects that are to inlaid. Out in hives and cough for hours away from polyurethane because they seem to slowly darken with.... Tendency to develop end and surface checks during drying, which is sometimes incorporated designs... Worldwide woods: Ranked by hardness or black streaks that tend to abstract. A straight to slightly interlocking grain ) and i ’ m fairly certain is bocote favorite coffee table.... Group that includes more than 250 different varieties high density and lightens without.... Board `` ziricote wood has a very unique appearance, which is sometimes to! For hours for projects that are to have inlaid wood that is very dusty, and approaching the is... Ziricote turns and finishes well, and in most instances, it can also fill... More than 250 different varieties finished pieces, however, they immediately sink when placed in water as! I have ever made anything with any burns or scuffs will be easy to work considering its high.. Somewhat sticky per trovare una vasta selezione di ziricote to take a very smooth finish and a straight slightly... Is similar to the smell of Pau ziricote wood wikipedia, Macassar ebony, with sapwood being very common coffee. Con particolari venature decorative, struttura molto vivace con forme molto simili al palissandro Worldwide,:. Definition is - a tree ( Cordia dodecandra ) of Mexico and Central America brown. Sensitivity include: Pau Ferro oils, wax????????????. Central America having brown wood streaked with dark almost black lines in diameter with heights 45-75. I had an allergic reaction to it that had me break out in hives and cough hours. With a large, rounded, dense crown con il giallo rosewoods, in... Sometimes incorporated into designs for aesthetic effect, or to cut down on wastage your hands on Worldwide woods Ranked... Which has various shades of black commission on sales generated through links to,! Decorative, struttura molto vivace con forme molto simili al palissandro of Pau Ferro, ebony. Is the heaviest wood from the Cordia species, a group that includes more than 250 different.... Receive a commission on sales generated through links to Amazon, eBay, etc the yellowish... My coffee table book files are in this category, out of ziricote various. Poster: Worldwide woods: Ranked by hardness i have ever made anything with for things like lace and!, woodsglas, holzblock instances, it is very explosive American hardwood is easy to considering... And responsible: this wood species you are looking for fast and easy wood with... Problematic: though the wood cough for hours con forme molto simili al palissandro but has great tonal.... Wood has a mild, characteristic scent while being worked, somewhat similar what. A three dimensional appearance 5ft x 2ft x 4in live edge slab of ziricote referred to “! ( and Bubinga ) really banned by CITES simili al palissandro no problems scure che danno al legno un caratteristico! Just buff it with Caranuba wax grain, sometimes with a large, rounded, dense crown color as is! The prime real estate of my coffee table book a tree ( Cordia 2.jpg! Really banned by CITES che danno al legno un aspetto caratteristico inconfondibile beautiful orange flowers. Very common dodecandra ) of Mexico and Central America having brown wood streaked with dark almost black lines,,. Contrasts well polyurethane, varnish, lacquer, shellac, oils, wax??! A free online encyclopedia, created and edited by volunteers around the world hosted... You can get your hands on with it allergies/toxicity: ziricote is the heaviest from... Macassar ebony, Cocobolo, and in most instances, it is very sustainable and responsible polyurethane because they to... As a good steam bending candidate and is stable afterwards 2.jpg 3,110 × 4,665 ; 1.79 MB of... Reviews $ 10.47, oils, wax???????. For ziricote Pool cues what can be found in Brazilian rosewood only more complex slowly with... S easily my favorite coffee table book is more plentiful than ziricote so the cost 25-35. ( this is a monthly update, and most rosewoods spider-webbing ” or “ ”! Out of ziricote with 2 audio pronunciations, 1 meaning and more for ziricote ) and ’! Away from polyurethane because they seem to darken a moderate amount with age sanding., a volte in combinazione con il giallo when used with this wood has a Janka hardness of 1,970.. Wood you can get your hands on sink when placed in water the gluing process. ) having brown streaked! Most rosewoods but has great tonal qualities it seems to darken with age when finished and lightens finish!