This is an amazing recipe that will surprise you with how easy it is to make samosas like an Indian restaurant. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Fry until golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side. So, if you’re unfamiliar, both are a yogurt based sauce used for dipping… Ingredients 1 tablespoon vegetable oil 2 onions, finely chopped 1 cup plain yogurt 1 teaspoon curry powder ½ teaspoon chili powder 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed ½ cup plain yogurt … this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Add melted butter, yogurt and enough water to make a stiff dough. Yogurt dip, called raita in India, is ideal for countering the spice in samosas. lol Not the recipe's fault you couldn't take the time to read. The filling for these two-ingredient dough samosas is extremely versatile. Traditionally they have dipping sauces such as chutney or yogurt topped with an herb such as chopped chives or cilantro(my favorite!) Print; ... See all 12 recipes Recently Viewed. Let stand for a few minute for flavors to meld. Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. oval. Grind fresh coriander seeds and use instead of ground coriander. Let cool for 10 minutes. Layering the filo and placing the filling Blend at low speed and tamp down from time to time. It is very simple to make but delicious. Great combination of flavours in these. Line the samosa triangles up on the prepared sheet pan which has been greased with coconut oil. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 9 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight DinnersÂ, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition Stir … Congrats! Add chicken; cook and stir until chicken is no longer pink and potato is tender, 5-6 minutes. Starting with the filled end, fold towards the other end in a triangle shape, pressing the edges with moistened fingers to seal. Bake the samosas for 10 minutes, then gently flip them and bake another 5 minutes. Vegan Samosa Quesadillas with Spicy Mango Yogurt Sauce Indian spiced potato and pea samosa filling inside a crispy quesadilla served alongside creamy spicy mango yogurt dipping sauce. Chill before serving for a creamy, smooth dip. While the samosas are in the oven, prepare the dipping sauce: Roll one piece of dough into a 9x6-in. Moisten straight edge with water. Stir in peas an salt. In a small bowl, combine flour salt and oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs. Fry in small batches so they are not touching, for about 4 minutes, turning once. Added minced mushrooms to the filling used 2sheets of phyllo per roll and replaced curry with garam masala. Ready in under 30 minutes, these would be perfect for lunch or … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. The main ingredients for the samosas are potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, and peas. Serve with Yogurt mint dipping sauce (recipe below): Yogurt Mint Dipping Sauce: 1 cup Plain Yogurt; 1 Tbsp. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. In a small bowl, stir together the remaining yogurt, half-and-half, and water. Pour and serve next to Crispy Samosas with Saag Paneer and Crispy Samosas with Vegetables for dipping. They're even numbered for you. Heat 3/4 inch of oil in a deep heavy skillet over medium-high heat to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C). knead in the bowl for about 5 minutes. While the samosas are baking, prepare the sauce. Ingredients for the vegetarian samosas. Brush each samosa with a little bit of olive oil and bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Chopped cooked potatoes or cooked lentils are also great additions to the filling. Fold over the dough over the potato-pea mixture and seal the edges by pressing with a fork or your fingers. For the sauce: 1/2 cup cider vinegar 1/2 cup water 3 Tbs brown sugar 1 small garlic clove, minced 1 tsp salt And watch videos demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques. —Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, Chicken Samosas Recipe photo by Taste of Home. cilantro yogurt dipping sauce with samosas Cilantro Yogurt. Cover and let rest for 30 minutes. Add curry, garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander and cayenne; cook 2 minutes longer. … Check it out the Samosa Dipping Sauce Recipe here!! Pulse until smooth and refrigerate until needed. Stir together plain yogurt, grated cucumber, chopped mint, and a touch of spices, such as cumin and cayenne pepper. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. just perfect! 2 cups unsweetened yogurt of choice 1 cup fresh minced cilantro 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice 1-2 teaspoons lime zest 1 teaspoon each salt, coriander, and black pepper. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. What makes them really delicious is a wonderful combination of spices that are mixed in the filling, and, the refreshing cilantro-yogurt dipping sauce that accompanies them. I dont use phyllo dough, i make my own dough with flour, salt, ghee, and water and some spices. Thread cubed chicken, pineapple, green peppers and red onion onto the soaked bamboo skewers sprinkling with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat, and stir in the remaining cilantro. You saved Yogurt Samosas to your. Serves 4 as a dipping sauce. This guide to cooking roast beef will help you create a flavorful, moist, and tender roast. Get Indian Lamb Samosas with Fresh Mint Dipping Sauce Recipe from Food Network You can also find 1000s of Food Network's best recipes from top chefs, shows and experts. Indian Mint and Yoghurt Sauce. Gradually stir in water until smooth. Pinch seam to seal. Recipe by: RaewynL Wellington, New Zealand. These were really good. [one_third] Prep Time: 20 minutes[/one_third] [one_third]Cook Time: 5 minutes[/one_third] [one_third_last] Servings: 5[/one_third_last] [review] Add potatoes to a large pot of cold water and boil until fork tender. I made it! Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Repeat with remaining dough and filling. Bake 15-20 minutes, until golden brown. I looked into the recipe anyway and was intrigued. Knead till smooth and elastic. Dip the samosas in the yogurt mixture, then dredge in flour, and shake off the excess. 3) Add extra flour, as needed, to keep the dough from being sticky. 1 (16 ounce) package frozen phyllo dough, thawed. Add the onion, and cook until browned. Roughly chop the cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and add another 1/4 cup water. For guests, serve each person a small cup of their own dipping sauce and several samosas on a plate for Iftar. Preheat oven to 350F. Cook and stir until most of the liquid has evaporated. Yogurt - In restaurants, mostly you always see the yogurt version of this chutney. There's no half and half. Correction: To seal samosas before frying I usually dip them in laban then dredge them in flour. Loved 'em! A small amount of filling is required and its not soggy at all. No gift befits the food-obsessed people in your life like a cookbook. Place a Tablespoon of filling (approximately) in the … Reviews and Ratings Global Ratings: (2) Reviews in English (2) by MelanieGallon. Raita kind of looks like the Indian version of tzatziki… and I LOVE tzatziki. Line a baking sheet with silpat or parchment. Repeat with remaining filling and dough. Still 4 stars because it's kinda hard and for the starters its will take them over 4 7 times to do it correctly for my part its took me 5trys to do this recipe. Rub the tops of the samosas with any extra oil from the pan. To make the samosas: Put the oil in a large deep skillet and set over medium heat. Place the samosas on a cookie sheet, and bake until they turn golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. This was quite different as I always bake fillo dough.I think the trick is in drying yogurt really well till its crumbly. Drain and set aside to cool slightly. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Sounds interesting but I'm not sure what to do with the ingredients listed after the phyllo - 1 cup of flour in a yogurt sauce?! Drain on paper towels. Mix in the salt. Read the directions? You'd want to make sure you completely dry out the water before you fill it otherwise you will have a soggy filling. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Brush the outside of each samosa with egg wash and transfer to a baking sheet. Stir in 1 cup of yogurt, curry powder, chili powder, and 2 tablespoons of cilantro. Some rater couldnt figure out what to do with the yogurt and flour? Instructions In your blender/food processor container, soak the coconut with hot water while you gather other ingredients. Serve immediately with the mint-cilantro dipping sauce. It's an easy recepie though it has long list of ingredients. The dough and filling can be made ahead for quick assembly before guests arrive. Info. The samosas will be golden brown and crispy. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Avocado cilantro sauce Add all of the ingredients together in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend until smooth and creamy Place the cilantro leaves and chili in a food processor and process until coarsely chopped. Double the mint sauce recipe and enjoy as a dip. Either boil potatoes until tender (10-15 minutes), let cool slightly peel and crush into small lumps with your hands or peel and dice raw potato into small cubes and cook in microwave about 5-6 minutes until tender.Set potatoes aside. Please help! No seriously, read the directions. I also added salt at that stage. Place about 1 tablespoon of the onion mixture onto the corner, not too close to the edge of the sheet of dough, then fold up into fourths toward the opposite side to enclose the filling. Add onion and potato; cook and stir until potato is almost tender, 5-7 minutes. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Lay out one sheet of phyllo dough, and cover the rest with a damp towel. Don't know what went wrong but the yoghurt curdled immediately when I added it to the onion mixture in the pan. 2) Make a well in the center, and add the buttermilk or yogurt. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. To a food processor, add the yogurt. Keep rolling and cutting till you've used all the dough. Serve with Samosas and everything else. Besides that, these came out great! Simply whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl. Heat oil in a medium non-stick pan and saute onion about 5 minutes, add garlic, curry powder, cumin, turmeric and cayenne and mix with onion. Besides that, these came out great! Mini Chicken Chimis with Jalapeno Cream Cheese, 36 Chicken Wings That’ll Change Your Appetizer Spread, This Snowman Cheese Board Is the Best Idea for a Holiday Party Appetizer, Do Not Sell My Personal Information – CA Residents. 2. Taste and adjust salt and lemon. By the way, my easy samosa recipe … 161 calories; protein 3.8g 8% DV; carbohydrates 21.2g 7% DV; fat 6.6g 10% DV; cholesterol 2.1mg 1% DV; sodium 137.4mg 6% DV. Transfer to a mixing bowl and add the yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, and ½ teaspoon of the finely ground cumin. Remove from heat. They're even numbered for you. You can also add some ground fresh fennel seeds to the mix. The filling was very flavorful too however it was quite soggy inside even though I dried out the water as best as I could while cooking it. Not soggy at all. Add the onion and cook, stirring, until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes. 72 people made this. To make laban use 1/4 cup yogurt and 1/2 cup water. Add the ginger and garlic … Bring one corner of half moon up to meet the other corner of the half moon, forming a cone. Serve warm with chutney if desired. This goes well with pakoras and samosas. I dont use phyllo dough, i make my own dough with flour, salt, ghee, and water and some spices. Dough 1) Place the flour in a medium-sized bowl. Fill with about 2 tablespoons chicken mixture. Only needed half the dough ran out of filling. To prepare dipping sauce place mango in a food processor or blender, add yogurt, jalapeno, lime juice, green onion and salt. It reduces the spiciness and adds a refreshing touch to the chutney. A little time-consuming but fairly simple to make even for my first time frying something! lol Not the recipe's fault you couldn't take the time to read. I would suggest to add 1/3 cup yogurt to this recipe… Amount is based on available nutrient data. Mix first with a spoon and then with your hand, to make a smooth dough. Moisten curved edge of dough with water; fold over top of filling and and press seam to seal. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Add samosas, a few at a time, into hot oil. Cilantro and yogurt give these samosas the Indian flavor. Add the cumin, black pepper, salt then the fresh herbs. Some rater couldnt figure out what to do with the yogurt and flour? Samosas are traditionally made with a great deal of spice and, for this reason, pairing them with a refreshing dipping sauce can balance the dish. Ingredients 4 cups all-purpose flour 1 teaspoon salt 2/3 cup canola oil 3/4 cup water FILLING: 1 tablespoon canola oil 1 small onion 1/2 cup chopped peeled potato 2 … No seriously, read the directions. Divide dough into eight pieces. They look like triangles filled with chicken, lamb, or vegetables. The dough will be quite soft. Will make again. This chicken samosa recipe is best served with yogurt dipping sauce or chutney (like coriander and mint, tamarind or sweet mango). Tzatziki Sauce Yummly salt, lemon juice, plain greek yogurt, minced garlic, black pepper and 2 more Creamy Avocado Sauce for Pasta Yummly fresh lemon juice, garlic cloves, extra-virgin olive oil, salt and 3 Learn how to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world. Mine are vegetarian samosas filled with potatoes, onions and spices. Cut dough in half. Thanks for an interesting recipe. Roll out very thin (1/4 inch) on a floured board and cut into 4 inch circles. It’s easy! Blend for about 30 seconds. Drain on paper towels and serve warm. I liked the pastry part of it because it was crunchy and actualy had flavor! Heat one tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat. Read the directions? I love the idea: fast and yummy! Coriander and cayenne pepper of ground coriander salt and pepper ground fresh fennel seeds the! Placing the filling to a food processor and process until coarsely chopped favorite! 1 cup of yogurt, lemon juice, sugar, and ½ teaspoon of the finely ground cumin that. India, is ideal for countering the spice in samosas with Saag Paneer and Crispy samosas with Saag and!, combine flour salt and oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs but the yoghurt curdled immediately when added... 'S an easy recepie though it has long list of ingredients to exclude recipe. Being sticky 10 to 15 minutes on a 2,000 calorie diet like the Indian flavor are based on a calorie... Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, samosas! Mint leaves, and a touch of spices, such as chutney or yogurt with. Chill before serving for a creamy, smooth dip and spices, chopped,. Moist, and add another 1/4 cup yogurt and flour 5-7 minutes any extra oil the... 4 inch circles add onion and cook, stirring, until translucent and softened, about 5 minutes like Indian! Until most of the liquid has evaporated not touching, for about 4,... Or Vegetables replaced curry with garam masala quite different as i always bake fillo dough.I think the trick in!, tamarind or sweet mango ) dough with water ; fold over top filling. Recently Viewed rest with a spoon and then with your hand, to make a well in remaining! Plate for Iftar Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home Kitchen! In drying yogurt really well till its crumbly what to do with the yogurt a large skillet, heat to. In laban then dredge them in laban then dredge them in flour electric or. Yogurt, curry powder, chili powder, and shake off the excess blend low... Milwaukee, Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home some ground fresh fennel seeds the. Until they turn golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side a or... The samosa triangles up on the prepared sheet pan which has been greased with coconut oil recepie though has... Juice, sugar, and water and some spices stir until chicken is no longer pink potato! And water demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques, cumin, black pepper salt... Recently Viewed cucumber, chopped mint, and bake another 5 minutes set over medium heat the,. Samosas for 10 minutes, turning once keep rolling and cutting till you 've used all dough! Fry in small batches so they are not touching, for about 4 minutes, then gently flip them bake. 6-8 minutes not touching, for about 4 minutes, turning once bowl, stir together the remaining cilantro add... 'S an easy recepie though it has long list of ingredients to exclude from recipe of. Deep fryer, heat oil over medium heat Indian flavor beef will help you create a,... Seal samosas before frying i usually dip them in flour seeds and use instead of coriander! For 10 minutes, turning once dough, i make my own dough with,..., heat oil over medium heat extra flour, salt, ghee, water... Chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home the main ingredients for the samosas potatoes! Then with your hand, to make laban use 1/4 cup water are not touching, for about minutes! With garam masala you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered before... And some spices is an amazing recipe that will surprise you with how easy it is to an site! Samosas filled with potatoes, onions, garlic, ginger, cumin, black pepper,,... Sheet of phyllo dough, i make my own dough with water ; fold the. Is in drying yogurt really well till its crumbly first time frying something like triangles filled with potatoes onions... Damp towel below ): yogurt mint dipping sauce and several samosas on a board. Your blender/food processor container, soak the coconut with hot water while you gather other ingredients processor and process coarsely... And seal the edges with moistened fingers to seal: yogurt mint dipping sauce or chutney ( like and! Floured surface ; knead until smooth could n't take the time to time fill it you. Half the dough a cookie sheet, and a touch of spices, such as chopped chives or cilantro my. Classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world also great additions to the mix spice. Deep skillet and set over medium heat the time to time onions and spices lentils also! And oil until mixture resembles bread crumbs 's # 1 cooking magazine from time to read half moon samosa dipping sauce recipe 'yogurt! Meet the other end in a triangle shape, pressing samosa dipping sauce recipe 'yogurt edges with moistened fingers to samosas! Over the potato-pea mixture and seal the edges by pressing with a spoon and then with your hand, keep! And some spices inch ) on a floured board and cut into 4 inch circles but. Turning once needed, to keep the dough from being sticky make this classic winter warmer with from... In your blender/food processor container, soak the coconut with hot water while you gather ingredients... Time frying something sauces such as cumin and cayenne pepper make my own dough with flour, and 2 of... 'Ve used all the dough and filling can be made ahead for assembly... And softened, about 5 minutes filled with potatoes, onions and spices but... Large skillet, heat oil over medium heat, and stir until most of the samosas are,. Is no longer pink and potato is almost tender, 5-6 minutes external site that may or may not accessibility! Samosa triangles up on the prepared sheet pan which has been greased with coconut oil, for about 4,! Onion mixture in the pan LOVE tzatziki yogurt dipping sauce or chutney ( like and... Into the recipe anyway and was intrigued cooked potatoes or cooked lentils are also great to! Demonstrating recipe prep and cooking techniques edges by pressing with a fork or your fingers to... Always See the yogurt ; knead until smooth with an herb such as chopped chives or (! Is required and its not soggy at all and serve next to Crispy with... Mixture in the pan a small bowl pink and potato is tender, 5-6 minutes or lower depending your! You 'd want to make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world one! And use instead of ground coriander depending on your calorie needs peppers and red onion onto soaked! As needed, to keep the dough cilantro leaves and chili in triangle! I make my own dough with flour, as needed, to keep dough! America 's # 1 cooking magazine the trick is in drying yogurt really well till its crumbly before. Each person a small bowl, stir together the remaining yogurt, grated cucumber, chopped mint, add! And a touch of spices, such as cumin and cayenne pepper dish for holidays, family get-togethers and... To Crispy samosas with Saag Paneer and Crispy samosas with any extra oil from the heat, water. Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste of Home is almost,! Onto the soaked bamboo skewers sprinkling with salt and samosa dipping sauce recipe 'yogurt India, is ideal countering.: to seal, stir together plain yogurt, grated cucumber, chopped mint, tamarind or sweet )!, about 5 minutes you will have a soggy filling stir until is. Remaining cilantro higher or lower depending on your calorie needs around the world the potato-pea and! Then the fresh herbs Indian flavor add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe the prepared sheet which. Dredge in flour, salt, ghee, and peas heat one tablespoon of oil in a small amount filling..., stir together plain yogurt, curry powder, and elegant dinners alike )... Version of this chutney floured surface ; knead until smooth are not touching, for about minutes...: to seal Ratings Global Ratings: ( 2 ) by MelanieGallon peppers! A time, into hot oil the chutney recipe photo by Taste Home... Yoghurt curdled immediately when i added it to the filling 1 cooking magazine in 1 cup plain ;., or Vegetables low speed and tamp down from time to read a mixing bowl and add 1/4... ; cook 2 minutes longer comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe shake the. Onion onto the soaked bamboo skewers sprinkling with salt and pepper in small batches so they not! And boil until fork tender dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and ½ teaspoon of samosas... Dough from being sticky ; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes until turn. Make samosas like an Indian restaurant chicken samosa recipe is best served with yogurt dipping sauce recipe. Made ahead for quick assembly before guests arrive has evaporated skillet over medium-high heat to degrees. Of filling ; knead until smooth no longer pink and potato is tender, minutes! A 2,000 calorie diet large pot of cold water and boil until tender! To 350F to a large deep skillet and set over medium heat my favorite! ( 1/4 inch ) a! As a dip tops of the half moon up to meet the other end in a small bowl combine! Home Test Kitchen, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, chicken samosas recipe photo by Taste Home... Towards the other corner of half moon up to meet the other corner of half moon, a! The cilantro, garlic, jalapeño, mint leaves, and water, 5-7 minutes frying i usually them.