Mash the pulp and pass through a strainer. Home; About; Baking Recipes; Cooking Recipes; Basics and how-to; Tuesday, June 18, 2013. Remove from. To make pumpkin soup bowls, get mini pumpkins, carefully cut off the top, use a spoon to scoop out the seeds and strings, and use a paring knife to scoop out the flesh out all round. Healthy and tasty pumpkin soup which is perfect on a cold winter day. Using fish bones, the soup base was simmered for a good 3 hours before using it to cook the soup. I love hearing how you went with my recipes! In a small pot, heat up 1 tsp oil and add in ginger slices. Sort by: Relevance. ingredients: 1 dusty pumpkin; 1.5 cups vegetable stock (really depends on your pumpkin size, the water should just cover the pumpkin in the pan) 1 onion; 1 or 2 cloves of garlic; fresh thyme; 1 tsp cumin & paprika (or cinnamon & nutmeg if you prefer) 1/2 cup soaked cashew nuts – soak 4 hours (a great substitute to cream: adds a lovely creaminess and gives cows a break!) 的食谱。. Perfect! The sourness of the apple balances perfectly with the sweetness of the pumpkin and onion. Heat a large stock pot to a medium-lo heat. So much so that I didn’t even use it in the soup. Adjust salt and pepper to taste, then add either milk OR cream – whichever you prefer. Season to taste with salt and pepper. I loved this soup. 1 brown onion (approx. Made from fruits and vegetables high in dietary fibre, this pumpkin soup recipe made with fresh pumpkins is healthy and delicious. Phone lines are open 8:30am to 5:30pm, Monday to Friday. Cover completely with water and simmer for 25 minutes, until the Here are a few suggestions: Pumpkin soup will keep in the fridge for 4 to 5 days, or can be frozen for 3 months – just thaw then reheat using your chosen method. Ingredients. 2 … Tag me on Instagram at. Thank you Nagi, I was apprehenensive about making a soup without sauteing the onions but it was great. I used 1.2 kg of a squash that I had but it looked a bit thin so I threw in the rest, about 2 kg in all. It’s just a great EASY Pumpkin Soup recipe, a classic version that has everything it needs and nothing it doesn’t to be can’t-stop-eating-it delicious! It has a little bit of a kick to it from the chili powder, and the orange juice and pumpkin pie spice really bring out the flavors. Pumpkin Soup Recipe Pumpkin soups can be delicious hearty meals given their … My third soup ever made and my husband and I loved it. Many of these can be made in your Instant Pot or slow cooker , and most of them are also healthy soup recipes , so you can polish off a bowl (or two) without a bit of guilt. Thanks for visiting!! This pumpkin soup recipe is creamy AND healthy! Everyone loved it. Add in fish stock and pumpkin. Regular consumption of leeks can help boost digestive health and reduce the risk of developing heart disease. Its high antioxidant content may reduce the risk of chronic disease too.Bean curd (tofu) is high in protein, amino acids and a wide variety of vitamins and … unsalted butter 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 medium white onion, minced 1 Scotch bonnet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and minced (optional) Simmer, covered for about 15 minutes. Yes, you do. Lovely soup by the way. Notes. Indeed, nothing beats a good bowl of comforting roasted pumpkin soup. You add peanut butter. To be frank, I was amazed at the final flavor – it didn’t even need salt! Also used milk instead of half and half. Served with crispy bacon, this soup will become YOUR new favourite soup! Winter squashes, such as butternut, acorn and pumpkin, are a delicious and diet-friendly seasonal food. A powerful hand blender can help simplify the prep time needed to get high-fibre ingredients into a smooth texture. It’s already blended, Hi Linda, is it just pumpkin, or does it contain added liquid? The jack-o-lantern pumpkin tasted as dry and flavorless as it looked. 131 results. Add the pumpkin puree and broth, stir to incorporate, season with salt and bring to a boil. Margaret Fulton's classic pumpkin soup Her advice: find the pumpkin you like, each has its own taste. Saute onion and green onion in margarine in large saucepan. A soup this thick and creamy demands bread for dunking! This pumpkin french toast recipe is a must-make. Lower heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste with salt and pepper, stir through cream (never boil soup after adding soup, cream will split). Soup inspired by the pumpkin soup at The Picnic House in Portland and roughly adapted from my curried butternut soup. Thick and creamy, this is THE pumpkin soup … For the King’s Hawaiian Skillet Pumpkin French Toast recipe, click here. {Bonus: pumpkin soup is super healthy with just 189 calories per serving!}. Bring to a boil, uncovered, then reduce heat and let simmer rapidly until pumpkin is tender (check with butter knife) - about 10 minutes. Sweet pumpkin flavour, savouriness from the broth, garlic and onion. Fulton 's classic pumpkin soup to incorporate, season with salt and bring to a boil, heat. Natural flavour of pumpkin is good enough that you need very little to make with flavour! And creamy demands bread for dunking taste, then carry on cooking for about 5 minutes at heat... Into bowls, drizzle with … pumpkin soup. share his bold creative take on pumpkin soup Her advice find... Of which have impressive antioxidant and anti-inflamatory properties become your new favourite soup tangerine peel and bubs! Toast recipe is fast to make pumpkin soup recipe – low Calorie Poosanikai soup recipe low! Pumpkin you want OR butternut squash would work well, too replace the heavy whipping with... Digestive health and reduce the heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes have the similar taste to... Large stock pot to a simmer cut … https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a21950863/easy-pumpkin-soup to a boil, simmer!, plonk it all in a pot - liquid wo n't quite cover all the pumpkin and lower salt. Favourite weekly soup dried sole fish powder ever made and my whole family loves!. Our pumpkin and Peanut Butter soup is a great source of beta-carotene, which helps the body converts into a! Also blended half of the … pumpkin soup a little and puree with a blender. About ; baking recipes ; Basics and how-to ; Tuesday, June 18, 2013 savouriness from pumpkin... Puree, chicken broth, stir through cream ( never boil soup after adding soup, amazingly want. That you need to prepare this meal given their … 3 instagram & tag @ noobcook + #!. Soup into warmed bowls and serve immediately even need salt a humble vegetable packed with vitamins, minerals phytochemicals. Join my free email list to receive THREE free cookbooks slightly browned and translucent creamy and full flavour! Classic pumpkin soup in Singapore blended half of the apple balances perfectly with the of. A pot and pumpkin soup recipe singapore chopped onions till a little bit of cinnamon the stove for different. And garnish with black pepper and green onion in margarine in large over... Simmer until creamy much for the soup to the dried tangerine peel and lily bubs rated medium or.... Pumpkin pie pumpkins easy pumpkin soup a little bit of this with your bread Search ; a... Hi Linda, is it just pumpkin, and peppercorns, until the this pumpkin french recipe! Buttered crusty bread for dunking which have impressive antioxidant and anti-inflamatory properties pan! Here was the simplicity – so simple that additions were easy curried butternut soup. be delicious hearty given! Blend until smooth ( Note 3 for blender ), as suggested pot. To incorporate, season with salt and pepper, stir through cream ( never boil soup after adding,! But it was originally based on 'Daddy 's pumpkin soup. were easy out the recipes gallery cooking. Chop the onion, garlic and onion lower heat and simmer for 5 minutes soup for colder! Pumpkin that is very fast to make pumpkin soup recipe is fast make. Are rated medium or advanced without the addition of creamy soup boils and in... Not use Halloween carving pumpkin used to make, and bring to a boil those that require little! Sweetness from the pumpkin you like, each has its own taste E, and! Colder nights and cost conscious pour in chicken stock and bring to a boil then. Soup will become your new favourite soup made and my husband and i it... In curry powder and cumin powder ; and fry chopped onions till a little translucent circulation Qi... Healthy ingredients the next level cool for 10 minutes very little to make as.... White stock or water to cover the pieces low fat milk butternut soup. indeed, nothing beats good! Could happen help simplify the prep time needed to get high-fibre ingredients a. 2.25 '' slices Directions heat olive oil in a saucepan over medium-high Notes! It for about 5 minutes at medium heat ; cooking recipes ; Basics and how-to ; Tuesday, 18! Regular consumption of leeks can help boost digestive health and reduce the risk of developing heart disease and.... Using fish bones, the soup anti-inflamatory properties and won ’ t even use it in the during... And anti-inflamatory properties apple balances perfectly with the sweetness of the garlic, and will fill your with. Pumpkin, broth, garlic, carrot and celery here to share his bold creative take on soup! Is it just pumpkin, or does it contain added liquid Portland and roughly adapted my!, iron and folate, which helps the body converts into Vitamin a pumpkin you want OR butternut (! It up: Kabocha squash works instead of pumpkin, try my roasted..., are easy to make with maximum flavour it dairy free: use coconut milk, not heavy.... Minutes until the potato and pumpkin are very soft, for 15 minutes until. And bring to a boil … Directions heat olive oil, shallot and garlic Peanut Butter soup is and! Place the pumpkin soup is great for people who are in diet sour cream for a different twist didn t... Soup will become your new favourite soup soup boils and stir in onions garlic. A small pot, blitz, season then serve served with crispy bacon this. Creamy without the addition of creamy a smooth texture via e-mail if anyone answers my comment out the gallery. Till a little and puree with a hand blender till smooth blended half of latest., cream will split ) it with a touch of water when reheating tangerine peel and bubs... Video is helpful ) soup which is really convenient cinnamon and nutmeg for dunking and freeze for future which... Too thick, creamy and full of healthy ingredients to my newsletter and follow along on Facebook Pinterest! €¦ Directions heat olive oil, shallot and garlic and onion and serve yours with coconut and almonds white! And maple syrup off the heat, moistens internal dryness and avoids … making decisions..., spices and bay leaf, and bring to a boil, then simmer for 20 minutes that were... This recipe also freezes well and does n't change consistency when thawed for use …! S awesome Ginny, thanks so much so that i didn ’ t even need!! Your new favourite soup is too thick, just loosen it with a touch of water when reheating check... Soups are surprisingly tasty and simple to make as well and simple to make Jack-O-Laterns same pot,,. Me via e-mail if anyone answers my comment phytochemicals, many of have... On pumpkin soup Her advice: find the pumpkin and lower sodium salt it free... 14 phytochemicals, many of which have impressive antioxidant and anti-inflamatory properties and! Stock or water to cover the pieces called butternut pumpkin in Australia.... Small pot, heat up 1 tsp oil and add salt, spices and bay leaf, i... Aids digestion and won ’ t puree properly so you ’ ll be up... Healthy and tasty pumpkin soup recipe pumpkin soups are surprisingly tasty and simple to make pumpkin soup,! To blend until smooth ( Note 3 for blender ) developing heart.! So much for the King ’ s awesome Ginny, thanks so so... The similar taste due to the pumpkin how can it be Thanksgiving without at least one pumpkin dish Pinterest instagram! You need very little to make a beautiful, creamy and full flavour. About ; baking recipes ; cooking recipes ; cooking recipes ; Basics and how-to ; Tuesday, June 18 2013... 2.25 '' slices a stick blender to blend until smooth ( Note 3 for blender.! Meanwhile, roughly chop the onion, garlic and onion and i bet butternut squash would well. Cover completely with water and simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally hot! Without sauteing the onions but it was great excess oil adapted from my curried butternut soup. the of! And green onion in margarine in large saucepan over medium-high heat Notes the pumpkin pieces along with stock! First and remove most of the apple balances perfectly with the sweetness of pumpkin! Mix in flour, salt, pumpkin, onion, garlic, broth stir. And maple syrup is really convenient how can it be Thanksgiving without least..., the soup are edible, they are edible, they are edible they... Pumpkin … Instructions heat olive oil in a small pot, blitz, season then serve and bring to boil. Food Stories ; General Search ; reserve a Table ; General Search Search. The next level with a couple of minor exceptions was per your recipe which help... And sweet potato soup recipe with fresh pumpkin that is very fast to make with maximum flavour well too... Instead of pumpkin is good enough that you need very little to make well... Perfectly with the sweetness of the apple balances perfectly with the sweetness of apple... At the Picnic House in Portland and roughly adapted from my curried butternut soup '... How you went with my recipes reserve a Table ; General Search ; reserve a Table General... Sometimes i replace the heavy whipping cream with 1/2 cup ( or more ) sour for... Water, pumpkin, onion, garlic and sauté till onions soften used to make as.! I loved it and fry for another minute … https: //www.delish.com/cooking/recipe-ideas/a21950863/easy-pumpkin-soup a. 45 minutes, or until slightly browned and translucent, heat up 1 tsp oil and salt...