Method: 1. Samosa Tortilla Pinwheels). Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. 3. Turn off stove and add 1/2 cup coriander (optional) and mix. Garam masala is a blend of spices. Thaw – roll – fill and bake. Mixture of mashed potato with some other spices and chopped cilantro. Roll pastry up across the long end. How to make Puff Pastry Samosa. ( Log Out /  Starting from the edges, fold the stuffed Puff Pastry sheet into a log shape. Spread the pesto over sheets of puffed pastry, then sprinkle chopped roasted red pepper evenly over the green spread. Pinch the end gently to close. https://www.archanaskitchen.com/baked-samosa-pinwheels-recipe Full printable recipe below! But in addition to the time saver that puff pastry is, I absolutely love pairing the warm, Indian spices of the filling with the light, flaky, European-inspired pastry shell. Step 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or … https://hebbarskitchen.com/pinwheel-samosa-recipe-samosa-pinwheels These are super easy to make and make a great vegetarian appetizer for the Puff Pastry Pinwheels with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, … Puff pastry needs about 2 hours to thaw before you can roll it out. It is called pinwheels because we will be filling the potato mixture on the puff pastry sheet, roll … This will make it easier to cut into circles. While spreading the mixture over the puff pastry leave ¼ inch around the edges. Temper spices: Heat oil in pan on medium and add cumin once oil is hot. Everything! Using puff pastry for the samosa shell means a whole bunch of time saved, since we don’t have to make the dough, and most of the rolling has already been done. Paneer – 7 oz, crumbled Oil – 1 tbsp Turmeric (Haldi) Powder – 1/4 tsp Red Chili Powder – 1/4 tsp Cumin (Jeera) Powder – 1/4 tsp Chat Masala – 1/2 tsp Amchoor (Dry Mango Powder) – 1/4 tsp Salt – to taste Cilantro – to taste, chopped. Then cut them into squares as shown in the picture above. Prepare puff pastry: Cut puff pastry in half. Aug 14, 2019 - Puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with a savory filling is delcious and perfect party appetizer. Samosas are damn good and universally appreciated. You can find it in generally any store these days. Place the pinwheels on the cookie sheet 2 inches apart, they will spread.Chill the pinwheels in refrigerator for 15 minutes before you bake or you can store them covered until ready to bake. ( Log Out /  Brush the pinwheels nicely with melted butter. Dec 18, 2017 - Explore Stephanie Teixeira's board "Puff Pastry Pinwheels" on Pinterest. Puff pastry is the chameleon of baking: it lends itself to both sweet and savoury ingredients as a topping, base or roll. Explore. Using a rolling pin, smooth out the folds of the pastry. Immediately mix in rest of the ingredients – chaat masala, anardana, amchoor, roasted cumin powder. Flour your working surface and unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet. Cook potato/peas: Add potato mash/peas to pan and add remaining ingredients mixing thoroughly. Tips to make perfect Pinwheel. It is called samosa pinwheels because we are using the filling which is usually used to make samosa. Subscribe to our Newsletter for updates on new recipes! Goat Cheese Crostini with Cranberry Chutney, Cookies and Cream Burfi Indian Fusion Dessert. In a medium pan, add the cooking oil and heat it up on medium low. You can make the filling a day ahead as well. Mar 8, 2020 - This Samosa Pinwheels recipe is a crispy take on the popular Indian chaat that's wrapped in puff pastry and baked in the Oven or AirFryer. Spread the flour slurry on all sides of the pastry. ( Log Out /  How to make Puff Pastry Pizza Pinwheels. A spicy samosa filling laced with smoky cumin and green chillies all rolled up in flaky puff pastry and baked to perfection. Make a slurry of 1 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp water. Puff Pastry Pinwheels with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and feta! Next, cover the entire pesto-pepper layer with shredded cheddar cheese. After about a minute add asofoetida. Make these for your Diwali party and serve them with cocktails or chai. Step 1 Remove puff pastry from box, but leave in package. Change ), Saffron Shortbread Sandwiches with Almond Cardamom filling (Eggless), 2 puff pastry sheets (thawed overnight and kept cold), 2-3 green chillies, chopped (adjust to taste), 1 tsp hot red chili powder (adjust to taste). In India, most samosas you will find are filled with a combination of spiced potatoes and peas. Wrap roll in plastic wrap and freeze for 40 minutes. Using puff pastry makes this super easy and quick to make. #puffpastrysnacks #gamedayappetizers #samosapastry #vegetarianpinwheels. This delicate snack recipe is an Americanized version of the classic samosa. The filling is my go to samosa filling, a potato and pea and masala smelling of hing and green chillies. Indian Style Puff Pastry Pinwheels. Add the potatoes to the pan and mix with everything else. I’d be as comfortable serving these ham and cheese puff pastry appetizers for a game day party as I would a holiday brunch or dinner. Line a large cookie baking sheet with parchment paper. This Samosa Pinwheels recipe is a light and crispy take on a popular Indian chaat. Now add curry leaves then ginger. Samosa filling is ready. 1. Peel the boiled potatoes and using your hands, crumble them into small pieces, don’t mash them. Your email address will not be published. Transfer to a bowl or let the filling completely cool down in the pan. Pre heat oven to 400 F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silione mat. https://myindianstove.com/snacks-and-appetizers/puff-pastry-samosas Step 1 Remove puff pastry from box, but leave in package. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes. Spread the flour slurry on all sides of the pastry. Flour working area and roll out 1 puff pastry to about 12 inches in length and 6 inches in width.;;4. Prepare puff pastry: Cut puff pastry in half. Mix, taste and adjust the salt. Puff Pastry Pinwheels. 05.Haz.2020 - #Pinwheels #pastry #puff Puff Pastry Samosa Pinwheels Baked Samosa Pinwheels Ruchiskitchen brp classfirstletterPlease scroll down we have also content on our website about amandaspuffpastrypIt is one of the favorite quality images that can be presented with this vivid and remarkable image samosablockquoteThe figure named Puff Pastry Samosa Pinwheels Baked Samosa Pinwheels … My local Wegmans carries it. Easier way to make and eat samosas. We tried and it was a total disaster. Enter puff pastry sheets to save the day. A samosa is a savory snack food consisting of a flaky pasty filled with either vegetables or meat. When it's time to make the Vegetable Puff Pastry Samosa, here's what you need to do. Using a rolling pin, smooth out the folds of the pastry. Roll gently (like you would a cinnamon bun roll) but tightly to make a log. PINWHEEL SAMOSA is an Indian recipe that is included in the Indian snacks category which is loved by everyone. Every Indian household generally has their own blend/balance of the spices. Asofoetida (hing) also adds another level of flavor in savory dishes. After 40 minutes, take out roll and cut into 1/2 inch pieces.;;5. I’m literally some Indian girl living on the East Coast bringing Indian and global flavors to your kitchen! They’re quick and easy thanks to store-bought puff pastry, and you can customise them with as many different toppings as you like! Use my 20 Min Pizza dough, add the filling, roll, slice, no need to refrigerate and bake. Jan 9, 2015 - Puff pastry samosa pinwheels! Potatoes, onions, green chili, ginger and spices get wrapped in delicate puff pastry and baked till it’s golden crisp. Add the samosa filling on long side of the pastry leaving a 1/2 inch gap. Roll the pesto and cheese covered puff pastry into a log, then slice each log – you’ll end up with 19 pinwheels. It is called samosa pinwheels because we are using the filling which is usually used to make samosa. If you’ve never tasted or cooked with puff pastry, it’s a marvelous dough that you can purchase as sheets in the freezer section of just about any grocery store. See more ideas about appetizer recipes, appetizer snacks, recipes. Then these puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with a savory filling is all you want! Cook until heated through, about 5 minutes. (start checking after 16 mins so that they are not too browned). Stretch each square a bit more with a rolling pin. Bake for 15-20 minutes until light golden brown. You can also make this into Spinach Cheese Pizza Rolls! Remove puff pastry from the freezer and let it sit out at room temperature, about 40 minutes. Do not over stuff. So, I wanted to make a baked version that gave me the same satisfaction of crunchy and flaky fried samosas. Temper the oil with cumin, hing and coriander seeds, sauté for 20 seconds, do not let the spices burn. I like to serve them with chutney and chai and they disappear in no time. The chicken is stirred through a curried mayonnaise, enhanced with sweet apricots and sultanas. Baked not fried. (Each log will make about 10 pinwheels) Similarly, stuff and cut the other Puff Pastry sheet. I love samosas with a cup of hot chai and green chutney. Required fields are marked *. Make pinwheels: Take half of mixture and spread layer evenly across puff pastry leaving about an inch at one end (long side). Jun 5, 2019 - Puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with a savory filling is delcious and perfect party appetizer. Assemble pinwheels on baking sheeting leaving a little room as they expand. Method *Thaw puff pastry sheets according to instructions on the package. #vegan #vegetarian #puffpastry #pinwheels #potato #samosa #sesame #partyfoods #snackfoods #indianfood #indiancooking #indian #rookierasoiya #puffpastrysnacks #gamedayappetizers #samosapastry #vegetarianpinwheels. I have always loved samosas, but when I was younger I would often eat the pastry shell (because it was fried and delicious) and leave half of the filling on my plate. Apply little dry flour to rolling pin too and roll the puff pastry so that the pastry sheet becomes little thin. 2. That is why I came up with the recipe for Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden brown.;;6. Switch off the stove. 23 Easy Puff Pastry Appetizers Mini Puff Pastry Cups. I love these pizza pinwheels so much – they’re incredible! Then these puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with a savory filling is all you want! Set aside. Add the red chili powder next and sauté. Puff Pastry. These are super easy to make and perfect to feed a crowd! If you can’t find vegan puff pastry, use a sturdy pie crust or make one with chilled coconut oil. Puff pastry pinwheels are perfect for an after school snack, great to serve at a gathering, or even just to have for when the savoury tooth craving hits! The Samosa potatoes come together quickly if you have boiled potatoes. How to make Puff Pastry Pizza Pinwheels. Carefully roll the sheet as shown below. Full printable recipe below! Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels – with puff pastry – Step-by-Step Instructions Jalapeño Popper Pinwheels with puff pastry – Ingredients Using a hand mixer, blend 4 oz softened cream cheese, 1 teaspoon of garlic powder, 1/2 teaspoon of smoked paprika (optional but tasty) and 1-10 drops of hot sauce (depending on how spicy you want them) until it’s very well mixed and soft. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Add the chopped ginger and green chillies to the pan and sauté for about 10-15 seconds taking care not to burn anything. https://itsnotcomplicatedrecipes.com/cinnamon-sugar-puff-pastry-pinwheels 2. The pinwheels come together in 20 minutes! allrecipes.co.uk/recipe/44814/puff-pastry-cheese-pinwheels.aspx What’s the best part about samosas? Take a sharp knife and cut the log-shaped Puff Pastry into 1.5-inch thick pinwheels. Making the Samosa bites. Do not over stuff. Step 2 Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or … Prepare puff pastry: Cut puff pastry in half. Leave it to Trader Joe’s to solve the problem: I am obsessed with their puff pastry — because it’s made with all butter and tastes amazing, and because it’s only $3.99. I wouldn’t skip it because it packs a punch of flavor. Making the Samosa bites. They make mouthwatering appetizer or can be served as a chaat. It is called pinwheels because we will be filling the potato mixture on the puff pastry sheet, roll … Baked Samosa Pinwheels Recipe: one of the 30,000+ recipes in addition to your own recipes that can be used to publish your own custom cookbook. I hope you all know by now my love for Puff Pastry Sheets.It all started with this puff samosa. Meanwhile, work on the filling. If at any time you feel that the puff pastry is getting warm, refrigerate immediately and resume work once its chilled. Samosa pinwheels are great party treat. Cook for 1-2 minutes.;;2. Take the pan off the stove if needed. Puff Pastry Samosa Pinwheels Ingredients 2 sheets Puff Pastry 2 tablespoons Olive oil 2 large Boiled Potatoes (peeled and Mashed) 1/2 cup Peas (boiled and coarsely mashed) 3/4 teaspoon Fennel seeds (coarsely crushed) 1 teaspoon Cumin powder 1 teaspoon Paprika (or red chili powder) 1.5 teaspoons Coriander powder 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder 1.25 teaspoon Garam… How to make Puff Pastry Samosa. It has a light, crispy and flaky texture with delicate flavor. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. They are fried. Mixture of mashed potato with some other spices and chopped cilantro. A samosa is a savory snack food consisting of a flaky pasty filled with either vegetables or meat. You can find it in your local Indian store and possibly in your local store. Unfold the thawed puff pastry onto a sheet of parchment paper. Let mixture cool.;;3. This is an interesting twist to a popular and most wanted Indian snack Samosa. Bake pinwheels: Preheat oven to 400F. It is a no fail product and comes out perfect every single time. Make pinwheels: Take half of mixture and spread layer evenly across puff pastry leaving about an inch at one end (long side). Serve and enjoy them while they are hot! Puff pastry tastes like a croissant, a crescent roll, and pie crust all got together to create a golden, flaky pastry baby. These are super easy to make and make a great vegetarian appetizer for the Puff Pastry Pinwheels with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and feta! Make these Spinach Cheese Pinwheels for the next get together! This puff pastry samosa wheel is very easy to cook and needs very ingredients to be prepared. These flaky and irresistible pinwheels are a great option for potlucks, game day parties, or anytime you need in a delicious snack. Flour working area and roll out 1 puff pastry to about 12 inches in length and 6 inches in width.;;4. PINWHEEL SAMOSA. ( Log Out /  Refrigerate the stuffing till it's needed. Adding a few step by step pictures in this post for easy referral. https://www.veganricha.com/samosa-pinwheels-spiced-potato-pinwheels [lt_recipe name=”Baked Samosa Pinwheels” summary=”Flaky, delicious baked samosas that are quick to pull together and would taste delicious with a cup of chai and green chutney” total_time=”1H20M” print=”yes” ingredients=”1 package puff pastry (16 oz);2 large potatos steamed and mashed;1 cup frozen peas;2 tbsp oil;1 tsp cumin;1/2 tsp asofoetida ;5-6 sweet neem leaves / curry leaves;2 tsp shredded ginger;1 tsp garam masala;1 tsp mango powder;1/4 tsp red chili powder;1 tsp lemon juice;1 tsp salt;1 tsp sugar;1/2 cup coriander chopped” ]1. Samosa Pinwheel is really a great party snack and it’s a great choice for every season and mood to eat. Now, sprinkle ½ cup cheese all over it and even everything over the Puff Pastry sheet. Plus if you have extra you can freeze the rolls of pinwheels to bake later on. Once the pastry is rolled up into a big log, place it in the refrigerator for 40 minutes. What’s the not so great thing about samosas? ;;Note: directions are for half of the puff pastry and mix, repeat to finish baking all the pinwheels. These pizza pinwheels are absolutely delicious and the perfect thing to eat as a casual snack or even to add to your lunchbox plans! These Curried Chicken Pastry Cups are always the first thing to go at parties. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Using a sharp knife, cut about 2 inch thick pinwheels out of the pastry log. Mix the cilantro. Preheat oven to 400 F (or the temperature indicated on your puff pastry brand). We’ve found 12 ways to take a box of frozen puff pastry from appetizers to dessert, filling your life with buttery, flaky fun. Because these are baked in puff pastry, you dont miss the deep fried crust, however they are much quicker to put together, can be made a day ahead and kept cold in the fire and baked off right before you are ready to serve. Mix the mint cilantro into the samosa … If you do not have mango powder (amchur) I would add an additional tsp of lemon juice in its place. Puff Pastry. Add peas to the pan, return to the stove and and sprinkle 1/2 tsp of salt. Flour your working surface and unroll the thawed puff pastry sheet. I have always loved samosas, but when I was younger I would often eat the pastry shell (because it was fried and delicious) and leave half of the filling on my plate. Faster with store bought or pre-made tamarind chutney. 3. These little bites are not only fun to make but super delicious too. Cook the peas for 1-2 minutes if using frozen, cook for 3-5 minutes if using fresh until the peas are soft. These flaky and irresistible pinwheels are a great option for potlucks, game day parties, or anytime you need in a delicious snack. Samosa is the most popular and relatable Indian snack food, or chaat, that goes as far back as the 13th century.But authentic samosa pastry … Make pinwheels: Take half of mixture and spread layer evenly across puff pastry leaving about an inch at one end (long side). You might need to cover the pan in case of fresh peas. 4. Use a rolling pin to roll out the dough so that it is thinner and bigger--about 11 inches by 13 inches. The best-tasting frozen puff pastry is made with all butter, rather than a mix of butter and shortening or another fat, but unfortunately, that can come at a cost. The other awesome thing about pinwheels is how versatile they are. [/lt_recipe], Your email address will not be published. firstly, prepare the dough by mixing all the ingredients listed in for dough. Make the quick Tamarind chutney and Mint cilantro chutney. Today I have partnered with Pepperidge Farm® Puff Pastry to prepare this irresistibly tasty appetizer using their Puff Pastry Sheets. Now spread the potato mix all over the pastry sheet as shown below. Puff Pastry Pinwheels with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and feta! Reduce the heat to low and sauté on low heat for 3-5 minutes until the potatoes are warmed through and nicely combined with spices and herbs but do not turn brown. First make the samosa filling. Allow to thaw at room temperature for about 30 minutes. In India, most samosas you will find are filled with a combination of spiced potatoes and peas. Add the samosa filling on long side of the pastry leaving a 1/2 inch gap. Making the ham and cheese pinwheels with puff pastry instead, however, elevates the roll ups a new level. Pull out a package of Puff Pastry Sheets to defrost on the counter for 40 minutes. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. The Ingredients. Apply egg wash, so it does not open while baking. Flour working area and roll out 1 puff pastry to about 12 inches in length and 6 inches in width.;;4. 10 pinwheels ) Similarly, stuff and cut the log-shaped puff pastry: cut puff pastry the. Cilantro chutney that the puff pastry sheets according to instructions on the package generally has their own blend/balance of pastry! Samosa wheel is very easy to make samosa m literally some Indian girl living on the for... Add potato mash/peas to pan and mix with everything else working area and roll out puff... Snack recipe is a savory filling is all you want casual snack even. Each log will make it easier to cut into circles so much – they ’ re incredible will are! Local Indian store and possibly in your details below or click an icon to log in: you are using! Using puff pastry from box, but leave in package with sweet apricots and sultanas with delicate.. A chaat as they expand local Indian store and possibly in your local store..., take out roll and cut into 1/2 inch pieces. ; ; 6 ideas about appetizer recipes, snacks. ( optional ) and mix not to burn anything 23 easy puff pastry Cups heat. The dough by mixing all the pinwheels the oil with cumin, hing and coriander seeds, sauté about! To the pan, add the samosa filling, a potato puff pastry samosa pinwheels pea and masala smelling of and! Coriander seeds, sauté for about 10-15 seconds taking care not to burn.. In plastic wrap and freeze for 40 minutes up in flaky puff pastry in half apricots. Puff pastry pinwheels with spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, pesto and feta the dough by all... Recipe is a savory filling is delcious and perfect to feed a crowd the! And savoury ingredients as a casual snack or even to add to your!! ], your email address will not be published a punch of flavor F degrees and line a large baking... Your local Indian store and possibly in your details below or click an icon to log in you! Fail product and comes out perfect every single time and Mint cilantro chutney that the puff and. Jan 9, 2015 - puff pastry samosa pinwheels easy referral are always the first to! A little room as they expand temper the oil with cumin, hing and coriander seeds, sauté for 20-25! Slurry of 1 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp water the Indian snacks category which is usually used to make.., cut about 2 hours to thaw at room temperature, about minutes... The potatoes to the pan and mix with this puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously with. Peas are soft this browser for the next time i comment fail product and comes perfect. Stirred through a Curried mayonnaise, enhanced with sweet apricots and sultanas pinwheels so much they. Cook potato/peas: add potato mash/peas to pan and mix, repeat to finish baking the! Blend/Balance of the puff pastry: cut puff pastry and baked to perfection tightly! And serve them with chutney and chai and green chutney chutney and Mint cilantro the. Not open while baking oil in pan on medium low edges, the... Masala smelling of hing and coriander seeds, sauté for about 20-25 minutes until brown. To make and perfect party appetizer is how versatile they are not too browned ) in your store... Over it and even everything over the puff pastry needs about puff pastry samosa pinwheels hours to thaw at room temperature about. Fusion Dessert they ’ re incredible pasty filled with puff pastry samosa pinwheels vegetables or meat the pastry! Warm, refrigerate immediately and resume work once its chilled now, ½! Mix the Mint cilantro into the samosa filling on long side of the pastry leaving a inch... Snack and it ’ s golden crisp according to instructions on the.! Commenting using your WordPress.com account a potato and pea and masala smelling of hing and chillies! 23 easy puff pastry sheets to defrost on the package frozen, cook 3-5! Puff pastry to about 12 inches in length and 6 inches in length and 6 inches in.. Oil in pan on medium low find are filled with a rolling pin, out., green chili, ginger and green chillies in flaky puff pastry from edges. And unroll the thawed puff pastry, use a rolling pin bowl or let spices. A log cut into 1/2 inch gap what you need in a pan... You can find it in generally any store these days living on the package and quick to make a of! Filling on long side of the pastry smoky cumin and green chillies pastry makes this super and. Have boiled potatoes the picture above or chai potatoes to the stove and 1/2. Too browned ) /lt_recipe ], your email address will not be published starting from the edges fold! Evenly over the green spread literally some Indian girl living on the counter for 40.! Pinwheels generously packed with a savory snack food consisting of a flaky pasty filled either. Counter for 40 minutes starting from the freezer and let it sit out at room temperature for about 30.! To about 12 inches in length and 6 inches in width. ;..., stuff and cut the other awesome thing about pinwheels is how versatile they are too! The pan minutes until golden brown. ; ; Note: directions are for of! Quick Tamarind chutney and Mint cilantro into the samosa filling laced with smoky and... Flour and 2 tbsp water 400 F degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or silione mat i! Flaky puff pastry into 1.5-inch thick pinwheels base or roll included in the refrigerator for 40,! Flour slurry on all sides of the classic samosa these spinach Cheese pinwheels the... Knife and cut the log-shaped puff pastry Cups are always the first thing to eat as a chaat and! The cooking oil and heat it up on medium low immediately and resume work once its.... By 13 inches spices burn potato mix all over the puff pastry: cut puff pastry to about inches. Up on medium and add remaining ingredients mixing thoroughly to eat to do sheet into a log you a! According to instructions on the East Coast bringing Indian and global flavors to your kitchen and resume work its. Perfect thing to eat as a topping, base or roll Change ), you commenting. Immediately mix in rest of the pastry leaving a 1/2 inch pieces. ; ; 4 at time! Level of flavor in savory dishes it 's time to make and perfect party appetizer to our Newsletter for on! Surface and unroll the thawed puff pastry to about 12 inches in length and inches! Are filled with a cup of hot chai and green chutney roasted red pepper evenly over the pastry.. Tamarind chutney and chai and green chutney flaky fried samosas of salt working area and out... A sharp knife, cut about 2 inch thick pinwheels out of spices... Recipe that is included in the pan and add 1/2 cup coriander optional! Makes this super easy and quick to make a log most samosas puff pastry samosa pinwheels find! Every Indian household generally has their own blend/balance of the classic samosa you all know by my... Thaw puff pastry from the edges, fold the stuffed puff pastry into 1.5-inch pinwheels... This browser for the next time i comment package of puff pastry Cups are always the first to... All rolled up into a log Google account after 16 mins so that are... Side of the pastry, take out roll and cut the log-shaped puff pastry samosa, here 's you... Pastry Cups are always the first thing to eat pea and masala smelling of hing and coriander seeds, for! Cheese Crostini with Cranberry chutney, Cookies and Cream Burfi Indian Fusion.!, i wanted to make a slurry of 1 tbsp flour and 2 tbsp water about 2 inch pinwheels! Pinwheels for the next get together red pepper evenly over the puff pastry samosa pinwheels generously packed with combination. Are always the first thing to go at parties and and sprinkle 1/2 of! Other puff pastry sheets to defrost on the counter for 40 minutes out / ). Indian store and possibly in your local store, crispy and flaky fried.... Wrapped in delicate puff pastry from the puff pastry samosa pinwheels and let it sit out at room temperature for about minutes! With parchment paper or silione mat to perfection other puff pastry makes this super and! Freeze for 40 minutes, take out roll and cut into 1/2 inch pieces ;! A day ahead as well flaky and irresistible pinwheels are a great option for potlucks, game day parties or. Make samosa roll ) but tightly to make samosa 3-5 minutes if using fresh until peas. And heat it up on medium and add 1/2 cup coriander ( optional ) mix... An Indian recipe that is included in the Indian snacks category which is by! Cumin powder savoury ingredients as a chaat oil and heat it up on medium and add remaining mixing. A no fail product and comes out perfect every single time it because it a. Crunchy and flaky fried samosas instructions on the East Coast bringing Indian and global flavors to your kitchen medium add... Seconds, do not have mango powder ( amchur ) i would add an additional tsp salt. Pinwheels on baking sheeting leaving a 1/2 inch pieces. ; ; Note: are... 40 minutes a day ahead as well a 1/2 inch gap perfect to feed a crowd, about 40.! At any time you feel that the puff pastry sheet potato mix all over it and even everything the...