Psalms 55:22 Context. Set to "The Deer of the Dawn. 16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. 25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. Psalms 22:1 - 31. 2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. 23 Yee that feare the Lord, praise him; all yee the seede of Iacob glorifie him, and feare him all yee the seede of Israel. 7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying. Menu. Let the ungodly professor consider whether the Saviour thus honoured the Divine law, to purchase him the privilege of despising it. 23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. 23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. 22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. Psalm 22:1-31. 3 But You are holy, enthroned in the praises of Israel. 31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this. The Book of Psalms read by Alexander Scourby. 13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. is the language of a heart binding up its happiness in God's favour. 19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me. The first words of the complaint were used by Christ himself upon the cross; the first words of the triumph are expressly applied to him, #Heb 2:12|. 22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? Psalm 22:3 KJV - But thou art holy, O thou that - Bible Gateway. The life of the sinner was forfeited, and the life of the Sacrifice must be the ransom for it. 16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet. This is the King James Version of the Audio Bible. 21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. 5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. 6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. Those that hunger and thirst after righteousness in Christ, shall not labour for that which satisfies not. Psalms 22:22 (KJV) Square Portrait Landscape. Every lesson may here be learned that can profit the humbled soul. 25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him. -Psalms 18:22 KJV 27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee. The Saviour here spoke of the abject state to which he was reduced. 6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people. Let every tongue confess that he is Lord. 19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me. 22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. The Holy Bible: King James Version. why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Psalm 22's first line was quoted by which figure in the New Testament. 12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. When we cannot rejoice in God as our song, yet let us stay ourselves upon him as our strength; and take the comfort of spiritual supports, when we cannot have spiritual delights. 2 O My God, I cry in the daytime, but You do not hear; and in the night season, and am not silent. We have a sorrowful complaint of God's withdrawings. 4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. The history of Christ's sufferings, and of his birth, explains this prophecy.11-21 In these verses we have Christ suffering, and Christ praying; by which we are directed to look for crosses, and to look up to God under them. This must be applied to Christ. Darby Bible Translation For the kingdom is Jehovah's, and he ruleth among the nations. Tools Psa 22:30 Thus it was written, therefore thus it behoved Christ to suffer. I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. Psalm 22:1-31. All humble, gracious souls should have a full satisfaction and happiness in him. This ought to be the matter of our thanksgiving. Psalms Chapters 22-24 (KJV) Psalm 22 King James Version (KJV) 1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? High and low, rich and poor, bond and free, meet in Christ. 13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion. When in the Psalms righteous sufferers -- who are "righteous" because they are innocent, not having provoked or wronged their adversaries, and because they are among the "humble" who trust in the Lord -- cry out to God in their distress (as in Ps 22; 69), they give voice to the sufferings of God's servants in a hostile and evil world. 21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords. 18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. 24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard. 20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog. (11-21) Praises for mercies and redemption. 28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations. why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. Seeing we cannot keep alive our own souls, it is our wisdom, by obedient faith, to commit our souls to Christ, who is able to save and keep them alive for ever. Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God. 2 O my God, I cry in the day time, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. 27:46; Mark 15:34)God, My God, why have You forsaken Me 15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death. 5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded. Let the careless take warning to flee from the wrath to come, and the trembling rest their hopes upon this merciful Redeemer. 3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. Psalms 22: Scripture in the Bible. 22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? The Psalms: 22: A Cry of Anguish and Song of Praise: To the chief Musician upon Ai'jeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David. 22: I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. In the first words of this complaint, he poured out his soul before God when he was upon the cross, #Mt 27:46|. His righteousness, and not any of their own, they shall declare to be the foundation of all their hopes, and the fountain of all their joys. O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. 30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation. Psalm 22:3 King James Version (KJV). 3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. 1 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? 28 For the kingdom is the Lord's: and he is the governor among the nations. Being truly man, Christ felt a natural unwillingness to pass through such great sorrows, yet his zeal and love prevailed. But, "Why hast thou forsaken me?" 2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent. God will have a church in the world to the end of time. King James Version For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations. 14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. 4 Their line is gone out through all the earth, 3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. or who knows the power of it? 29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. They shall be accounted to him for a generation; he will be the same to them that he was to those who went before them. Complaints of discouragement. 19 But be not thou far from me, O Lord: O my strength, haste thee to help me. 4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them. 22:1 - 10 The Spirit of Christ, which was in the prophets, testifies in this psalm, clearly and fully, th... 22:11 - 21 In these verses we have Christ suffering, and Christ praying; by which we are directed to look ... 22:22 - 31 The Saviour now speaks as risen from the dead. His natural force failed, being wasted by the fire of Divine wrath preying upon his spirits. My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me? 23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. 23: Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel. 9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts. 8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him. Though it was offered for sinful men, the Father did not despise or abhor it for our sakes. why am I poor? 10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly. Perhaps the easiest way to see David as a prophet is to survey one of his most clearly prophetic psalms, Psalm 22. Perhaps the easiest way to see David as a prophet is to survey one of his most clearly prophetic psalms, Psalm 22. Who then can stand before God's anger? 7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying. Redemption by Christ is the Lord's own doing. King James Version (KJV), KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Deluxe Reference Bible, Super Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Holy Bible, Larger Print, Paperback, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Reference Bible, Center-Column Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Second Edition. 26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the Lord that seek him: your heart shall live for ever. Our Lord Jesus was stripped, when he was crucified, that he might clothe us with the robe of his righteousness. Psalms Chapters 19-21 (KJV) Psalm 19 King James Version (KJV) 1 The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Psalms 22:23 (KJV) Square Portrait Landscape. He prays to be delivered from the Divine wrath. Christ declared the holiness of God, his heavenly Father, in his sharpest sufferings; nay, declared them to be a proof of it, for which he would be continually praised by his Israel, more than for all other deliverances they received. 22:1 - 10 The Spirit of Christ, which was in the prophets, testifies in this psalm, clearly and fully, th... 22:11 - 21 In these verses we have Christ suffering, and Christ praying; by which we are directed to look ... 22:22 - 31 The Saviour now speaks as risen from the dead. Psalms King James Version KJV Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Psalm 22 My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? [Why are You so] far from helping Me, [And from] the words of My groaning? 3 There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Psa 22:29 - All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul. 3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel. Anyone familiar with the scourging and crucifixion of Jesus Christ can see the obvious parallels, and the writers of the gospel accounts—especially Matthew—bring them out through direct quotations of this psalm. savours of discontent and worldliness. Psalms 22:7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying, Jump to: Bible Study Tools • Parallel Bible Verse • Bible Contextual Overview • Bible Verse Review • Bible Cross-References • Gill's Bible Notes • Clarke's Bible Notes • Barnes' Bible Notes why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? He that has delivered, doth deliver, and will do so. PSALMS 22 Parallel KJV and Westminster Leningrad Codex (Hebrew) < Previous: Next > KING JAMES VERSION (KJV) 1 (To the chief Musician upon Aijeleth Shahar, A Psalm of David.) A seed shall serve him. 18 They part my garments among them, and cast lots upon my vesture. 21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns. 11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me? Set to “The Deer of the Dawn.” A Psalm of David.My #(Matt. To cry our, My God, why am I sick? Here is a complaint of the contempt and reproach of men. 14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels. Christ in his agony prayed, prayed earnestly, prayed that the cup might pass from him. why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring? 12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round. 17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. 11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help. 17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me. Let those who go about to establish their own righteousness inquire, why the beloved Son of God should thus suffer, if their own doings could atone for sin? Bible History Online Psalms 22 KJV. 2000. 22 I will declare thy name unto my brethren: in the midst of the congregation will I praise thee. For all his judgments were before me, and I did not put away his statutes from me. PSALM 22:1-31 1 My God, My God, why have You forsaken Me?