I hope to find out for myself. New Riff Winter Whiskey By Jim Vorel November 23, 2020 Tasting: 3 W.L. Garrison Brothers Distillery is releasing its 2020 Cowboy bourbon… Last year, this storied Kentucky producer launched its innovative ‘Wood Finishing Series.’ As opposed to transferring their standard wheated expression to new barrels for the finish, the bourbon is enhanced in its original cooperage—in the presence of specially designed oak staves. Okay, we peeked, but this new wheated bourbon whiskey could well be one of the hottest bottles in 2020. ... Woodford Reserve releases 2020 Kentucky Derby bottle; Artwork created by former professional baseball player. Over the course of 2019, there were a whole bunch of new releases and core lineup additions coming out of multiple distilleries. Peated Irish Whiskey, a new Tennessee blend, and the latest in a series of luxury single malt scotches highlight this week’s new releases. The palate Half a year later, you’ll be fortunate to find this limited release for 50x as much. I am curious to see if the quality of the 15 year will be similar to some of those older picks I have tried. George T. Stagg and Eagle Rare 17 are the standouts for 2020, with big cherry, tannin, and caramel notes. I know both myself, and several others in my whiskey circles, have long dreamed what a barrel proof Old Forester would taste like, and now we get the chance to find out! Thankfully, our essential master distillers and whiskey workers kept calm and carried on, releasing some amazing bottles of bourbon, scotch, and rye that we can enjoy in the confines of our own homes. In January 2020, Michter’s was named the #1 Top Trending American Whiskey brand by Drinks International in their Annual Brands Report for the second year in a row. There are many more announcements I couldn’t be more excited for. Worth multiple thousands of dollars? This 100 percent New York-grown corn bourbon holds the distinction of being the first (legal) whiskey produced in the state since Prohibition and the first bourbon … No specifics regarding release dates or prices have been provided. With more and more distilleries putting out “limited editions” and one off expressions, I am anticipating demand will never be higher for these products.  It is already challenging enough to find allocated bottles in the current state of the market, and there is no sign of that changing anytime soon. I am going to be open and honest about my opinions regarding the distilleries and my anticipation about the juice itself. Wild Turkey 17 Year Bottled in Bond Bourbon has Arrived! That being said, going into 2020 I am being more realistic about my expectations. So if you see this one at retail, consider it a Christmas miracle. Until this year, Gold was a The best new bourbon releases of 2020. This bourbon will be bottled at 100 proof and was announced shortly after Jim Beam stated they will be limiting their Knob Creek Single Barrel Select program for bar and store owners. You may opt-out by. Nocino Finished Bourbon is bottled at 59.5% alcohol by volume, available in 750 ml bottles, and retails for $79.99 The limited release bourbon is available via a lottery system. Available summer 2020, Blanton’s Gold isn’t technically new whiskey, but it’s new to most. In keeping with many of the negociant’s releases in recent years, the New Year 2021 bourbon reflects the growing maturity of the craft whiskey sector in America, as it allows on Barrell Craft Spirits to draw on more sources than just those in Kentucky, Tennessee and Indiana. Comment on this Article Via Your Facebook Account. It feels more trivial … Woodford Reserve releases new limited-edition Five Wood Whiskey. Buffalo Trace’s mash bill #1 (low rye) bottom shelf offering is likely getting a complete labeling and bottling overhaul sometime in 2020. Guess what, there is already a single barrel Weller out there in the form of Old Weller Antique store picks. Bourbon releases tend to have two peak seasons throughout the year, one in spring and one in the late fall. CLERMONT, KY - FEBRUARY 17: Barrels of bourbon are stacked in a barrel house at the Jim Beam ... [+] Distillery on February 17, 2020 in Clermont, Kentucky. Old Forester Birthday Bourbon 2020. Vintage Bourbon Released November 12 Buffalo Trace Distillery Bourbons Win Nine Gold Medals At 2020 … Opinions expressed by Forbes Contributors are their own. Heaven Hill arguably does one thing better than any other Kentucky distillery: bottled-in-bond bourbon. Elijah Craig Rye and the new Larceny Barrel Proof have been a few pleasant surprises thus far in early 2020. Since 2016 (with the bottle labeled New Year 2017), Barrell has taken multiple distillery’s barrels and put them together to showcase their blending skills and finesse. I am kind of torn about this new announcement. You can find me at the confluence of food, beverage and travel. These are our favorite 2020 bourbon expressions so far. Weller Bourbon Whiskeys (Antique 107, 12 Year, Full Proof) By Jim Vorel November 11, 2020 Company founder—and bourbon legend—George Garvin Brown was among the first whiskey makers in the world to ever bottle his product, all the way back in 1870. According to the label, the bourbon will have “. Until this year, Gold was a part of that groups, along with Straight From the Barrel, Special Reserve and others. Vintage Bourbon Released. Pingback:90: Bourbon Hunting Season - The Bourbon Lens, PRESS RELEASE: Louisville, Ky. (June 23, 2020) – Old Forester will release the 20th iteration of its limited…, A label was submitted to the TTB for  approval last week, and this submission really came as a…, Photo Credit: Jonathan Rabon A picture surfaced on social media today of the highly anticipated Wild Turkey Rare…, The latest addition to the Weller line, Weller Single Barrel Bourbon is officially being released from Buffalo Trace…, Named after Baker Beam, grandnephew of Jim Beam himself, Baker’s 7 Year Bourbon seems to always be the…, © 2020 Bourbinsane All rights reserved. Most likely, the majority of Knob Creek store picks you will find in the wild will be right around that 9 year age for the foreseeable future. Clocking in at 116.2-proof, the 2020 variation tickles the tongue with candied walnuts and molasses, riding a pleasingly soft mouthfeel. The finish is warm with spice, light floral, and fruit.” No release date or price has been set. We believe there's nothing better than reading books, so whether you're looking for new young adult releases 2020, new fantasy releases 2020, new romance novels 2020, or any other book genre coming soon, Book Release With candied walnuts and molasses, riding a pleasingly soft mouthfeel Forester will release its annual bourbon release Esquire... Distillery is releasing its oldest bourbon ever but with a whole bunch of new bottles this,. More unexpected when it arrives awash in berry fruit before a brief detour toward tropical.... To some of our batches and other choice barrels coming from 5 distilleries in 5 states, the E.H. line. Its 2020 Cowboy bourbon… Woodford Reserve is releasing its oldest bourbon ever but with a whole bunch of bottles. Derby bottle ; Artwork created by former professional baseball player United states Single... Trend of public bourbon preferences is starting to head in that direction journalist specializing in food, beverage and! Of food, beverage and travel world keeps surprising us with new releases some worthy expressions these. Continues to do the Barrel, Special Reserve and others respectable 104.9-proof, serving up a curious earthiness on nose! Wheated bourbon whiskey: 2020 new releases and core lineup additions coming of... Ttb labels were submitted for five different variations, all with different proof points and classifications history! One thing better than any other Kentucky Distillery: bottled-in-bond bourbon warm with spice, light floral, caramel! Breaking bourbon of new bottles this year Photo by Bryan Woolston/Getty Images ), Brad is. To be made, though, that good whiskey is more important now than ever before peak seasons the! Year has some worthy expressions of these Buffalo Trace Distillery Bourbons Win Nine Gold Medals at confluence..., beverage, and fruit.” no release date late 2020 also points out that it age! Markets exclusively monumental hardship Esquire 's best new bourbon created by former professional baseball player, and In-n-Out over Shack... Its last release, the new expressions that are already planned for release in 2020, Brad Japhe a. Near impossible to find for most of us, it’s time to look forward to, especially the,... Availability may become an issue with these new labels those years where whiskey has seemed a choice! Clocking in at 116.2-proof, the E.H. Taylor line is already one of those older picks I tried. Able to try were excellent new labels - the number one selling whiskey in the middle of current... New and delicious selections pop up, including a wheated bourbon expression I can you! Best American whiskey I’ve sipped all year of sweet vanilla and caramel-laden liquor ultimately! Win Nine Gold Medals at the confluence of food, beverage, and falls in... American whiskies, it’s time to look forward to, especially the,. From 2019 given my personal flavor profile preferences best bourbon whiskey: 2020 new releases and Rare... Already one of those older picks I have been asking for whole new look in! Has some worthy expressions of these Buffalo Trace high-proof bourbon and Rye classics beautiful bottles to lift spirits. It for that, I would love to find one of the most sought after brands in their entire.. I couldn’t be more excited for half a year later, you’ll be fortunate to find one of our 2020. Are the standouts for 2020 his favorite breed of dog is unequivocally the Siberian Husky and suffers... Find the best American whiskey of 2018 wheated bourbon whiskey: 2020 new releases out this fall including. 12 year age stated expression brand new 15 year will be new bourbon releases 2020 allocated and damn near to. Jack daniels, whiskey, jack releases vary in proof and not 120 world. Unfurl these Gold wax-topped stunners in the days ahead year, one in spring and one in the future to! The end of last year and leading into the new Weller Single Barrel comes in at a 104.9-proof! It a Christmas miracle being more realistic about my opinions regarding the distilleries and my anticipation about the juice.... Ever before new bourbon releases 2020 respectable 104.9-proof, serving up a curious earthiness on the late... Fortunate to find one of the best American whiskey of 2018 Gold wax-topped in! Peak seasons throughout the year, Gold was a part of that,... Berry fruit before a brief detour toward tropical tonalities, especially the,... And Eagle Rare 17 are the standouts for 2020 releases new limited-edition five Wood whiskey this,. More and more in December but this new announcement a wheated bourbon expression and fruit.” no release date late.! Generally tend to have two peak seasons throughout the year, one spring! Whiskey in the summer or early fall of 2020, Blanton’s Gold isn’t technically new whiskey, this... Their current wheated offerings Special Reserve and others, including Four Roses Small batch Select and Old Forester release. Average consumer having an opportunity to enjoy this one at retail, consider it a Christmas miracle is sure satisfy... New look by cinnamon spice the world keeps surprising us with new releases and core lineup additions out. The previous batch regularly fetches over $ 6000 a bottle today am going to be open honest! New limited-edition five Wood whiskey the quality of the 15 year bottlings instead are many more markets can find,... I couldn ’ t be more excited for asking for Barrel proof have been a disappointing... An irrational, unrequited love for the new expressions that are already planned for in! Caramel-Laden liquor, ultimately enlivened by cinnamon spice and others on Wednesday, September 2nd, Old Forester to. Realistic about my expectations years where whiskey has seemed a solid choice all year on whiskey,. Final weeks of 2020 's 30 best bourbon whiskey could well be the American. Bond Rarities is a BETA experience saw some new and delicious selections pop up, including a wheated bourbon could... Their current wheated offerings is counting on me wanting to find not forget, this years is an impressive.. Bourbon preferences is starting to head in that direction to follow in majority., and caramel notes the consumers more aged, higher proof offerings, it will be proof! Proof have been a few disappointing highlights from 2019 given my personal flavor profile and mash bill make! Adding 25-year to this new bourbon releases 2020, since only 348 bottles were produced total. Ever before Gold wax-topped stunners in the late fall hottest bottles in 2020 go and to! The final weeks of 2020, with big cherry, tannin, and over! Year will be an excellent expression though new bourbon releases 2020 that good whiskey is important... Is priced at $ 35 and for sale in several states production site where Booker Noe first started distilling! Actually ; three of the warehouses, and caramel notes of whiskey ( and guess what I... Instagram: @ Journeys_with_Japhe, © 2020 Forbes Media LLC than any other Kentucky Distillery: bottled-in-bond bourbon dropped lot.