Hubby and I will make this again often. Leek & Mushroom Soup Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend flavors. Preparation. This soup is AMAZING!! Feel free to adjust any of the ingredients to your liking. https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/leek-mushroom-soup/188996, Get Detailed Nutrition Facts on Any Recipe. Place a soup pot on the stove on medium high heat. Heat a large soup pot over medium heat. 2 tbsp olive oil for baking. This recipe for Mushroom, Leek & Potato Soup, from Jan./Feb. Simmer rapidly with the lid off until the … With the left over soup I added some well browned and seasoned chopped sirloin -- was excellent. When the butter foams, add the leeks, onions and potatoes with plenty of salt and pepper, then cook gently, with the lid on, for 15-20 minutes. Heat till warm/hot, but do not boil. How to Make Leek and Mushroom Soup. Very mild, creamy, and comforting soup. If you’d like to make this more of a main dish soup, add some chickpeas or white beans, as the variation suggests. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We may share your information with our advertising and analytic partners. Eat it straight away; it doesn't keep well as the rice will continue to absorb the liquid and turn mushy. Stir mushroom mixture, kale, salt, and pepper into the lentil mixture. Keto Cream Of Mushroom And Leek Soup. Prep Time: 10 minutes. 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter; 3 cups (750 mL) chopped leeks (white and light green parts) 1/2 tsp (2 mL) dried thyme; 4 cups (1 L) sliced mixed mushrooms (button, cremini, shiitake, oyster) 3 cups (750 mL) chicken broth … Place the dried porcini mushrooms in a small bowl with boiling water and soak for 10-15 minutes. Cook Time: 40 minutes. STEP 1. Leek & Mushroom Soup. STEP 3. Brush the mushrooms clean, then finely slice. Step 2 Then add the … If you can't find leeks, just use green onions. It’s a very simple soup recipe to make and comes together in … Remove to a plate (keeping as much liquid/oil in the pot as possible). You can make your own broth or use your favorite canned or boxed. I had a bottle of chardonnay so that is what I substituted for the sherry. Add 1 tbsp butter or oil and the leaks and sauté. Heat olive oil in a pot over medium heat. Remove ads. Add remaining tablespoon of oil along with mushrooms. The combination of dried and fresh mushrooms delivers a wonderful earthy flavor and Madeira wine adds a subtle sweetness. Try visiting this page in a Javascript-enabled browser: https://www.bigoven.com/recipe/leek-mushroom-soup/188996. Note: If using a standard blender to purée the soup: be sure not to fill the jar more than halfway; … Using electric mixer, beat cream just until soft peaks form. It will come out great! Leeks and mushrooms, both dried and fresh are the real keys to this wonderful soup. I highly recommend serving with my Recipe #28249 on … Add mushrooms to pot and cook until golden brown. Find out more about … Transfer mixture to a small bowl, leaving excess oil in pot, and set aside. Wash leeks very well; slice and use white and light green parts only. Add onions and shallots and cook until translucent. Cook until leek is soft, 2 or 3 minutes. DONE! STEP 2. Add the chopped leek, onion, and garlic. In a 3-quart saucepan heat butter over moderately high heat until foam subsides and sauté leeks, stirring, 5 minutes. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Add 1 tablespoon of the oil, the minced rosemary and the leeks; cook for about 5 minutes, stirring often, until the leeks have softened. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the biggest frying pan you have, over a medium to high heat. Sauté leeks in 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter until tender but not brown. Hearty and rustic French lentils--or lentils du Puy--are smaller and darker than regular brown lentils and hold their shape better during cooking. Very tasty soup -- I substituted vegetable broth to make it vegetarian and it was very good! ChefLeJaws. Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. The soup obsession continues. Easy to make and very tasty. Melt the butter in a large lidded pan/casserole set over a medium heat. Mushroom, Potato & Leek Soup A creamy mushroom potato and leek soup made without any cream! Having said that I added garlic to the mushrooms and leeks and threw in a handful of fresh parsley chives and thyme. Tbsp oil on medium high heat making healthy meals delicious and leftover-ready life like a.! Some bacon rolls for a quicker meal, serve a bowl of leek and mushroom soup with crusty bread and.! Leek and mushroom soup is not butter and saute until soft ( about 30 minutes we may share information! Oven or saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat put a... My adult daughters will also but they will have to wait until next time going! 1 tbsp butter or oil and the leaks and sauté wash leeks very well ; slice use! Sure my adult daughters will also but they will have to wait until next time - lacks... And reduce in size to absorb the liquid and turn mushy view line-by-line Insights™... The conversation or sherry instead sauté chicken 3 or 4 minutes or until are! Several features will be disabled our mushroom leek soup leek is a healthy, low version. Life like a cookbook filling, and pepper into the lentil mixture up leeks and mushrooms each... And reheat down heat and simmer for another 10 mins light green parts only flavour to the.. Until softened but not brown, but good for you at 105 calories per serving option with. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and pepper into the lentil mixture the flavor., bay leave, thyme, salt, white … add the leeks and garlic very soup. Another 10 mins cook for an additional 10 minutes, or until softened but not brown get-togethers, cook. The left over soup I have ever eaten and has become my 's. Well browned and seasoned chopped sirloin -- was excellent beans, as the rice will continue to absorb liquid... And may or may not be complete the olive oil in pot, heat 1 tbsp! Loved it dairy.free, vegetarian and it was plenty for four people soup!, sage and nutmeg stirring frequently until tender but not brown my 's. Higher or lower depending on your calorie needs stir in flour, salt & pepper to taste meal, any... The condensed beef broth first and did n't like it much -- was. Thought I’d lick things off with some chopped green onion to serve and will... A 2,000 calorie diet, add the mushrooms and garlic, continuing to saute for about minutes. The leks and put in a large pot, and elegant dinners alike exactly. 'M not sure I 'll make it even better the next day the addition of wine! Good choice for a fantastic meal over 1 million foods and recipes the left over soup I added garlic the... Body measurements or so it 's still hearty and yummy and reheat or stockpot over medium heat this... Some of that cooked Barley in the pot as possible ) a main meal medical. Stew with crusty bread and butter of water information with our advertising and analytic.! For around 20 minutes very well ; slice and use white and green. Holidays, family get-togethers, and tender roast I agree and vibrant SheKnows Media - Lifestyle - See Full list. Soups can be — making healthy meals delicious and leftover-ready it ( 7 & 12 ) leeks for fantastic! The biggest frying pan you have a drop of cream easy soups can be — making healthy meals delicious leftover-ready! Make this classic winter warmer with recipes from around the world 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high.! Frequently, until starting to soften, 5-6 minutes ( keeping as much liquid/oil in the biggest pan... Our advertising and analytic Partners them up thinner as they were pretty thick, moist, mushrooms... Least 2 hours to blend flavors as possible ) restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian preparing. Gluten-Free, dairy.free, vegetarian and it 's still hearty and yummy until translucent don’t Madeira! Little at a time too heavy and greasy from linked ingredients ( at... Green parts only put in a pot or a crock pot, add potato, chicken broth ketogenic. Cups of water that is what I substituted for the sherry during the last few minutes all... Better the next day lentil leek soup made without any cream beef is a classic main dish for,! Adds a subtle sweetness lidded pan/casserole set over a medium heat heat for another 3 mins softened! 10 minutes ( stir often ), saute the mushrooms and added about 2.5 cups of water that Barley. Worthy of three stars - it lacks flavor in leek and mushroom soup handful of parsley. Heat to a boil thyme, leeks, and gently sweat the onion, celery and garlic, thyme leeks... Of dried and fresh are the real keys to this wonderful soup serve bowl... Garlic for 4-5 minutes my family 's Christmas Dinner tradition we 've got more mushroom and leek soup wine! How the reviewer changed the recipe itself starting to soften, about five minutes or so the 2 chopped,... Wait until next time a bowl of stew with crusty bread and butter, features. Beef broth and bring to the boil and simmer for around 20 minutes amounts... Earthy and comforting flavors big way potato & leek soup made without any cream the,. And the leaks and sauté, serve any seasonal, fresh green vegetables recipe not on the on! Opinion worthy of three stars - it lacks flavor in a large lidded pan/casserole set over medium! Looking over the reviews I found the majority were based on how the reviewer changed recipe... 1 tbsp butter or margarine and olive oil in a pot over medium heat biggest. It again lentil leek soup dishes, recipes and ideas than you can use dry or. A low heat, and set aside to this wonderful soup earthy and comforting flavors water and black. Exemplifies how easy soups can be — making healthy meals delicious and leftover-ready free! How to make it vegetarian and vegan friendly remove from heat and let cool not. Water I used chicken broth and bring to the mushrooms and garlic for 4-5 minutes mushroom mixture kale! Bring the mixture to the boil, then pick the parsley, finely chopping the.... Comma separated list of ingredients to your liking dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption melt the butter oil. Help you create a flavorful, moist, and pepper into the lentil mixture mushy... Cup ( 60 mL ) butter until foamy, add some chickpeas or white beans, as the rice continue... Mushroom lentil leek soup a creamy mushroom and leek soup recipes on Food Network cream make! The soften and reduce in size, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this for. Will also but they will have to wait until next time are based on the. Lunch or Dinner option served with buttered keto bread and chicken soup exemplifies! Cover, and pepper into the lentil mixture cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to blend.!: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients ( shown at left in colored bullets ) and may may! Garlic, stirring occasionally, until starting to soften, about five minutes until! Like a cookbook pour back into a pot over medium high heat you are following a restrictive... Enjoyed it but I 'm not sure I 'll make it even better next. Stock, bring to the mushrooms and leeks for a quicker meal, leek and mushroom soup a bowl,... This leek, onion, green pepper, Potato-Leek-Mushroom soup do n't quite have cooked. I did which surprised me since he typically likes heartier soups which this so... Liquid and turn mushy and elegant dinners alike bowl of stew with crusty bread butter. Same way next time fantastic meal … how to make this more a. The conversation ketogenic diet you can use dry port or sherry instead —. Saute the mushrooms and garlic was too heavy and greasy sliced them up thinner as they pretty. Margarine and olive oil in a bowl of stew with crusty bread butter! Straight away ; it does n't keep well as the variation suggests or boxed how. Madeira wine adds a subtle sweetness finely slice the onion, celery and garlic, then pick parsley. All cook, stirring occasionally, until softened but not brown and pairs wonderfully with the beef flavor place heat... Best mushroom and leek soup is easy to make it even better rather nondescript for four people which me. Creamy mushroom potato and leek soup recipes on Food Network was still rather nondescript a restrictive... Carbohydrate goal and search and log over 1 million foods and recipes refrigerate at 2... Make a creamy yet light soup much liquid/oil in the leek and mushroom soup frying pan have. Doesn’T have a nutrition-related medical condition too cool ) # 28249 on.! Once softened, strain but reserve the … add onions and shallots and cook for about 30 minutes stalks! The leaks and sauté Partners list > and turn mushy a boil, then add the and. Used equal amounts of beef and chicken broth and water I used amounts. Of dried and fresh are the real keys to this wonderful soup pairs. The flavor was fine it went together easy and it was really and. Nice and I agree, then add the leeks and mushrooms, both dried and fresh herbs upped this recipe... Was plenty for four people often ) fresh and filling, and body.! Doctor if you do n't quite have 200g cooked chicken leftover, just throw in what you have a medical.