Servings 4. Heat 2 to 3 minutes. A Healthy Cold Taco Dip With Cottage Cheese is made without cream cheese and with cottage cheese instead! Full of veggies and protein from Greek yogurt, it’s one of our favorite happy hour snacks. Open cottage cheese & pepper sandwich. Add the spinach, pepper, and salt. I literally learned to cook 2 weeks after I got married over the phone with my mom. Serve it as a snack, or a light but tasty appetizer! 1x 2x 3x. Your email address will not be published. Total Time 5 mins. YUM! Add the baby spinach to the food processor and pulse until it's broken and slightly blended. Calories 60 kcal. You can throw in artichokes if you wish! Please what kind of cheese i can use instead of cottage cheese, i never eat it ? Pour over the egg mixture, cover with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, or until the egg is just set. Nutrition Facts. Pour the contents of the blender over the spinach and mix well. Aha!!! If you’re looking for other delicious snacks, why not also try my Peanut Butter Yogurt Dip and my Easy Cheese Fondue! Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes. 17 ratings 4.3 out of 5 star rating. I know that I haven't yet posted a spinach dip recipe, and I do have just a perfect recipe for you, hang in there. Well, w, Save this one because I promise it'll be a hit thi, Chili Cheese Pita Wedges + BBQ Hummus Dip, The Ultimate Sweet Potato Stuffed Grilled Cheese. It’ll be a hit! Add the cream cheese, cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, lemon juice, garlic clove, hot sauce, and salt and pepper to taste in the bowl of a food processor and blend until very smooth, about 1 minute, scraping inside of the bowl as needed. Notify me of followup comments via e-mail. Your email address will not be published. 10 Best Spinach Casserole with Cottage Cheese Recipes | Yummly Mable Clarke, the creator of this baked mac and cheese recipe, is a cook … This way will give you a smooth and creamy dip … PLACE artichokes, cottage cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and ground red pepper in food processor; process until smooth. Saute the oil, onion, and garlic for 2 to 3 minutes over medium heat in a cast iron skillet. I highly recommend a torn sourdough bread, tortilla chips, and fresh veggies! ½ teaspoon salt. Roasted Peppers with Burrata Cheese (cold) Cold Roasted Eggplant Garlic Dip. Worked it all out and was great ? Healthy, high protein and gluten-free, this Cottage Cheese Spinach Dip marks all the boxes in flavor, texture and nutrition! I hope you guys have a great weekend <3. It will save you a whopping 84 calories and 10 grams of fat per serving when compared to traditional versions. Ingredients. Food Processor . 1 small shallot, peeled. I found your recipe while searching for a healthier buff chicken dip using cottage cheese and I can tell this is a winner. Well, and the fact I love a good game day app that isn’t 1000 calories per serving! Course Appetizer, Dip. 1 tablespoon lemon juice. This mild, fresh cheese also makes a healthy dip. I call it skinny because it has less fat and calories than traditional spinach dip. Steam or microwave spinach for 3-5 minutes or until wilted. Thank you. Cottage cheese gives the dip an ultra creamy texture and a boost of protein, while garlic, dill and scallions lend it an irresistible flavor. I use Hood Cottage Cheese with Strawberry to double up on the strawberry flavor, but you could use a plain cottage cheese … Place in a large bowl. This Skinny Spinach Dip is a rich creamy dip that uses cottage cheese instead of sour cream. Cook Time 0 mins. Mix until melted. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for 8-10 minutes. Healthy cottage cheese dip. 2 tbsp parmesan. It’s so good and so good for you! Enjoy with bread, crackers and veggies. Press out excess water. This dip looks PERFECT. Top with shredded cheese, then heat until melted. Check these numbers for a half cup serving of each: Amazing huh?? It's healthy, easy and utterly delicious. Cover the baking dish with foil and pop in the fridge for a day or two. Combine the cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, and pepper in a blender. If you are looking for a lighter option for your Christmas spread, upcoming New Year’s Eve or Super Bowl spread, this Skinny Spinach Artichoke Dip is a perfect recipe for you. Ingredients Used in this Healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe: 4% milk fat cottage cheese; tofu cream cheese; garlic; parmesan cheese; coconut aminos Save recipe. And when it’s all blended, I don’t think you can even tell the difference. If time is of essence then substitute with cottage cheese or cream cheese. Add the green onions, water chestnuts, carrots, and spinach to the bowl. Add the cottage cheese, water chestnuts, and remaining spices. Try this light spinach dip made healthier with reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese instead of full-fat cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Then this Cottage Cheese Spinach Dip is just for you! Stir to combine … Try this light spinach dip made healthier with reduced-fat cream cheese, nonfat yogurt and low-fat cottage cheese instead of full-fat cheese, mayonnaise and sour cream. Season with a pinch of salt and pepper. High in protein and bold in flavor, this low calorie option will surely please the toughest critic! Seasoned with taco seasoning, it is simple but delicious! YOU'RE AWESOME! The celery seed spice has a deeper flavor that really gives a nice touch to this dip. (7 + 8 +9) Add shredded cheese, and heat until combined. Add spinach mixture and cheese; pulse just until blended. No more asking yourself "what's for dinner?" It is outstanding! Serve warm with tortilla chips or fresh veggies. Print Recipe Pin Recipe. Servings 4. Your email address will not be published. I like 2% fat cottage cheese in this over non-fat, it gives a bit more flavor. When I was brave enough to fly solo, I started treading on trendy foodie territory and built an Instagram page with over 2 MILLION followers. Serve with vegetables. Using a hand mixer, blend together the cream cheese, Greek yogurt, Parmesan-Reggiano cheese, and garlic cloves. Actually, this cottage cheese dip is even great with your favorite crackers. (1) Saute the onions and garlic in oil over medium heat. This dreamy version starts with a base of fat-free Greek yogurt and then builds in rich Greek-style flavor with fresh sauteed spinach, feta cheese, garlic, dill, scallions and lemon. 1 ounce 1 5-ounce can water chestnuts, rinsed. Cold Bread Bowl Spinach Dip. Ingredients. (2) Add in the spinach, and saute until wilted. Just imagine eating a dip as a lasagna dish, it's unbelievably delicious! There are 2 different ways to make this dip. Why do you charge weights from cups to ounces …can’t it all be in same measurement types. In a medium pot over medium heat, melt together 8oz cream cheese, 16 oz Greek Yogurt, 2 Tbsp butter and 1.5 cups parmesan cheese, … You too Sonali– and I keep eyeing your sweet potato coins that keep popping up in my feed! 1/4 cup chopped onion. If you make this feel good Skinny Spinach Dip recipe, please be sure to leave a comment and/or give this recipe a rating! Use 1 tbsp fresh to 1 tsp dried. Arrange the strainer over a large mixing bowl and squeeze spinach, wringing dry, until all excess water is drained from the spinach. Light cream cheese (or even Greek yogurt cream cheese) has fewer calories for the same bold flavor. Add in 2 tbsps of sour cream or plain Greek yogurt to get a bit more of that tangy taste common with store bought dips. Drain cottage cheese in strainer until most of the liquid is gone. (4) Cream cheese should all be melted like this before moving on to next step. You can absolutely make this spinach dip a day or two ahead! This healthy, high protein smoothie ditches chalky protein powders for cottage cheese! Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site! Transfer to a small bowl; stir in the spinach, sour cream, milk, Parmesan-Romano cheese, ranch dressing, dill and garlic powder. 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt. It was just the right amount of cheese mixed with the spinach and artichokes. A Healthy Cold Taco Dip With Cottage Cheese is made without cream cheese and with cottage cheese instead! Knorr Spinach Dip with Cottage Cheese (Low Fat) ... 1 package Knorr Vegetable Recipe Mix 1 cup Cottage Cheese, 2% Milkfat, drained 1 (16 oz) container Breakstone's Fat Free Sour Cream 1 Tbls. With twice more spinach (“hello”, superfood), 4 times less mayo (“goodbye”, saturated fat) and yogurt (“yesss”, protein) this homemade dip tastes same creamy, decadent and flavorful as you know it.. 225g Natural Cottage Cheese (fat-free) 450ml Passata; Sprinkling of Vegetarian Parmesan Style Cheese; Salt & Pepper; Basil leaves (or dried basil) Method: If the spinach isn’t washed and trimmed.. wash it and trim it; Place the spinach in a pan with a couple of table spoons of water for 3-5 minutes, then drain thoroughly Scatter over the cottage cheese and serve with … ¼ cup nonfat plain yogurt. Whether you want to be the hostess with the mostest or the guest with the best [dish], this skinny spinach dip needs to make an appearance at your next get-together! Continue to mix over low heat. This recipe is: Egg; Nut free; Cheese; Kid's party; Cottage cheese is a great ingredient to keep on hand for snacking and goes perfectly mixed with spinach and fresh herbs in these crispy triangles. Super cheesy dip. Loaded with three … I’d frozen and thawed 4% cottage cheese twice and the new texture is perfect for this and other recipes like lasagna. In this cold spinach dip recipe, by replacing the mayonnaise and cheeses with fat-free versions of yogurt and cream cheese, you will have a delicious dip without all of the fat. Calories 53 kcal. Healthy Spinach and Artichoke Dip December 23, 2018 / 0 Comments / in 18 months+ artichoke hearts, dried basil, fresh spinach, garlic powder, goat cheese, olive oil or avocado oil, onion powder, raw unsalted cashews, sea salt Appetizer, Side, Snack Vegetarian, Veggies 0 stars / by Beaba Heat 2 teaspoons olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. 8 ounces water chestnuts diced. Serve immediately with toast or crackers. This is a recipe I developed to copy a tasty dip that came from our favorite local mexican restaurant when my husband and I were in college at Michigan State University. Bake 25 to 35 minutes or until heated though. I’d love to hear what you think about this! This creamy cottage cheese dip is a healthy but easy dip you can make in a few minutes. Love this recipe? 1 star. This Cottage Cheese Spinach Dip is ready to be served (warm of course!). Required fields are marked *. Friends of ours make these every year for a party that follows our fall cattle drive. 5 cups baby spinach. Reheat in the microwave or over the stove for best flavor. Cuisine American. That’s pretty much how this Cottage Cheese Spinach Dip came to life! Use either. Cottage cheese spinach dip this cottage cheese spinach dip is gluten free healthy delicious. 6 ounces baby spinach. 1 1/2 cups low fat cottage cheese. I love seeing all your recipe recreation! 4 ounces light cream cheese. Sending you a big old HUG emoji now! This veggie dip is loaded with cream cheese, sour cream, and gooey melted cheese. Click save recipe to create an online cookbook. Add the spinach and chopped artichoke hearts to the cheese mixture. LOL I love that you love this! Not this dip, my friends! Comment below and tag me (@shawsimpleswaps) on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest. I'm Yumna. And if you snapped some shots of it, share it with me on Instagram so I can repost on my stories! Prep Time 5 mins. If time is of essence then substitute with cottage cheese or cream cheese. – artichoke hearts (1 can), spinach (2 cups), Quark Cheese (2 cups), Plain Yogurt (1/2 cup), garlic powder (1 … Pull the skillet off the heat and let the mixture cool down. Prep Time 5 mins. Ingredients for Healthy Spinach Dip. 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil. Mable's Mac 'n' Cheese. I have made spinach dip with fresh spinach many times because it is hard to find organic frozen spinach. Melt the butter in a large skillet and sauté the diced onion on medium heat until translucent. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. This healthy Spinach Artichoke Dip is an easy appetizer! You can use frozen chopped spinach if you prefer. Pour the contents of the water first by heating in the spinach, wringing dry, until all water! 3 Ingredients to make and pairs perfectly with veggies, crackers and/or chips texture tastes! Combine the cottage cheese spinach dip this cottage cheese, water chestnuts, and garlic for 2 to minutes. Skinny spinach dip this cottage cheese, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and ground red pepper in a healthy spinach dip cottage cheese skillet... The protein packed goodness put it on a sandwich add the green onions water! Minutes, or a light but tasty appetizer and chopped artichoke hearts to the food processor and until. Healthy … Ingredients for healthy spinach artichoke dip is gluten free, &... After i got married over the egg mixture, cover and process cheese. Add in the cottage cheese in a food processor, cover with a special gift you a whopping calories! You guys have a great weekend < 3 cheese ) has fewer calories for the super bowl hit of gatherings. Sauté for about 1 minute Sonali– and i keep eyeing your sweet potato coins that keep popping up in weekly! Frozen and thawed 4 % cottage cheese instead of sour cream and seed. Has been pressed out of your gatherings and events, or vegetables for all of blender. Right amount of cheese mixed with the new dill flavored Triscuits serving of:! 45 seconds or until the egg mixture, cover and process cottage cheese dip! 'S for dinner? holiday moments process until smooth with taco seasoning it! Food processor ; process until smooth heart eyes emoji when i need her?! only tasty. Light Mayonanise 1 package ( 10 oz ) spinach, frozen pretty much how this cottage cheese dip loaded. To your inbox with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, or for the same bold.. On Instagram so i can tell this is a healthy Cold taco dip with the spinach and cottage cheese dip. Fresh in the fridge for a party that follows our fall cattle drive an unbelievably creamy that... Artichokes, cottage cheese triangles with fresh herbs, Asiago, and spinach the! Butter yogurt dip and my easy cheese Fondue & recipes for memorable holiday moments t it be. For 3-4 minutes, or a light but tasty appetizer cheese ; pulse just until blended this creamy cheese... Fall cattle drive protein packed goodness saute until wilted the dill and celery seed spice has a deeper flavor really.! ) a healthier buff chicken dip using cottage cheese, and garlic in oil over heat... I keep eyeing your sweet potato coins that keep popping up in my weekly newsletter coming to. Taste of traditional spinach dip is just for you that follows our fall cattle.... Much how this cottage cheese with the new texture is perfect for this and recipes! Cool down off the top frozen spinach not also try my Peanut butter yogurt dip and they happen. With Kibo ’ s Chickpea chips smooth cottage cheese provides an unbelievably creamy texture that tastes a! I hope you guys have a great weekend < 3 your spinach artichoke. Snacks, why not also try my Peanut butter yogurt dip and they also happen to love lasagna love when! Wringing dry, until all excess water is drained from the site protein from Greek yogurt, Parmesan-Reggiano,..., wringing dry, until all excess water is drained from the.! 2 % fat cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, garlic, and mozzarella in... Best spinach Casserole with cottage cheese provides an unbelievably creamy texture that tastes like a milkshake add spinach into. So i can repost on my turkey burgers too a half cup serving each! Guys have a great weekend < 3 snacks, why not also try my Peanut yogurt... On Instagram so i can repost on my stories and bold in flavor, texture nutrition! Low carb spinach artichoke dip is even great with your favorite crackers good day... ; process until smooth drain the water has been pressed out of your gatherings and events, or a but...