Get Help OnlineOur Technicians Are Always Online and Ready To Help You“How To Fix Your Broken Appliance”. So now I just need to know… Did you find a way to retrieve your nuts or did you just get some new ones? However, this did not deter me. I watched a video where a gentleman removed the door of the dryer to check these wires. ADD TO CART. To determine if the door switch is working, try starting your dryer and then listen for the “click.” If the door switch makes a clicking sound, it is probably not defective. The thermal fuse cannot be reset--if the thermal fuse is open, it must be replaced. If you suspect the motor is defective, replace it. Much appreciated. This dryer fuse is made to fit Maytag dryer models including the model numbers listed below. Amazon's Choice for maytag thermal fuse. $9.39 $ 9. That is exactly what I hoped! That really never gets old.). Step by step instructions on how to replace a Dryer Thermal Fuse for Maytag MED9700SQ0 Won't start #AP6008325 for Dryer, Washer Dryer Combo made by Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Roper, Kenmore, Maytag, Estate. Had the heating element go out last week in the same dryer & all I needed to know was right here! BTW, I wrote back to the parts folks, pointed out the differences, and suggested they look at yours. Thanks for making this video…………. So, I figured I’d write this up with the model number and all in the title to assist other tentative, new fix-it dudes out there who need practical information. $5.77 $ 5. When a gas dryer thermal fuse blows, the drive motor runs but the burner won't ignite. I didn’t make the videos, though…just a guy tryin to save some $ and found em on the net! Are there parts accessible from the rear, or will dissembly on the front be required? Awesome! If the switch does not have continuity, replace it. Insistant on avoiding another episode similar to the nut dropping, I returned to Google yet again and found these three country fried videos below: After watching these amazing videos, replacing the fuse was pretty easy! Once I got inside the appliance, I was quickly able to determine that the thermal fuse was out and needed to be replaced. Started the project and quickly found the retailer’s video on a gas version was a lot more complicated. This fuse is located on the exhaust duct. Thanks for posting these. If you don’t hear a click, use a multimeter to use the door switch for continuity. It was working perfect, never had any problems. Thank you so much for the detailed videos! It should be located at the lower part of the dryer blower wheel. Aug 14, 2016 WHERE IS THE THERMAL FUSE LOCATED ON THE MAYTAG MODEL MGDB800VQO GAS DRYER AND HOW DO I ACCESS IT Answered by a verified Appliance Technician Where is the thermal fuse located on a Kenmore Series 90 gas maytag bravo series dryer 400 gas dryer loud tumble and no heat i just bought used at lowes ( Log Out /  If the dryer overheats, the thermal fuse blows cutting off power to the motor or the heating system. Are you confused about your Maytag dryer fuse location? Change ). When a gas dryer thermal fuse blows, the drive motor runs but the burner won't ignite. How to Replace Dryer Thermal Fuse for Maytag MEDE500VW1 Won't start #AP6008325. Complete the thermal fuse replacement yourself and get your dryer going again. My heating element went out last month & these will help with that as well! I replaced the thermal fuse easily with your help. How to Replace Dryer Thermal Fuse for Maytag MED9700SQ0 Won't start #AP6008325. Dryer-ea: or How To Replace the Thermal Fuse in a Maytag Performa Dryer Model PYE2300AYW. On most dryers, the door switch makes an audible clicking sound when it activates. 39. Find the dryer thermal fuse location in a common dryer by watching the repair procedure in this video. The thermal fuse is just 1 or 2 inches long and should be located on the exhaust duct, but the location of the exhaust duct itself may differ depending on your model. Depending on your dryer model, you may need to remove something before you can access the thermal fuse, perhaps the lint duct or a thermostat cover. Maytag Dryer- thermal fuse gets blown- burning smell [ 17 Answers ]----- I have a maytag performa PYE4500AYW dryer. Dryer thermal fuse located on the blower housing. How to Replace Thermal Fuse for Maytag DE312 No heat or not enough heat #AP6007561. Aftermarket replacement part dryer thermal fuse made to fit the Maytag dryer makes and models listed. I was so excited to find and share these videos! Be aware that a blown thermal fuse is an indication of a restricted exhaust vent from the dryer to the outside. I was only able to get one! I can usually work on anything, AS LONG AS I HAVE INSTRUCTIONS. Enter model number to search for the required part specific to your product, Browse our parts categories to select from a variety of parts for your product. Diagnosing a tripped thermal fuse is easy. Many thanks and I am going to recommend you to everybody ! The fuse should be closed for continuity meaning it has a continuous electrical path through it when good. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Found your video and it was spot on. and the fuse. I tracked down the parts locally and now had to trust Google to help me install them. If the blower wheel is clear of obstructions, the dryer motor might be at fault. Step by step instructions on how to replace a Thermal Fuse for Maytag DE312 No heat or not enough heat #AP6007561 for Dryer, Washer Dryer Combo made by Maytag, Admiral, Jenn-Air. Thermal (Limit) Fuse On The Blower Wheel This particular thermal fuse is located on your dryer’s blower wheel. Check the dryer belt to determine if it is broken. Once, 2 years ago I had to replace the screaming bearings at the back of the drum, including the shafts. Dryers, Maytag, Washers 1 Answer from this member: Your dryer has two thermal fuses. I went to the internet then and fixed it again. It was that moment when I decided that I would use my trusty Google fingers and try to discover whether this was a commonly diagnosed issue and easily repaired. I found videos about the timer, the thermal fuse, the thermostat, etc. thanks for the video on how to replace a thermal fuse on my maytag dryer . If your dryer has a belt switch, use a multimeter to test the switch for continuity. (1) 1 product ratings - 40113801 - Thermal Fuse for Maytag Dryer Factory Certified Part Made in US. 4.5 out of 5 stars 368 Just thought I’d leave a comment saying thanks so much for this blog post and the videos. So about a week and a half ago we returned home to discover that our clothes dryer would not turn on. I did avoid the top opening fiasco by using a putty knife as directed by a lesser link, but once inside I was as confused as on my wedding night. Already ordered? The dryer was bought new in 2002, its been in its current location for about 18 months. Get it as soon as Sat, Dec 5. It is not starting at all. The other is lost forever, RIP! Thank you so much. He took the back panel off but didn't see it. Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. These steps work for replacing the electric dryer thermal fuse for Kenmore, Whirlpool, Maytag, Amana, Roper, Crosley and Estate models with a lint screen housing located in the top cabinet panel. If the dryer hums but does not start, the start switch is not at fault. Hold times are long. To determine if the start switch is defective, attempt to start the dryer. Thanks for making and posting the videos. If this switch fails, it could shut off power to the dryer even when the belt is not broken. Thank you so much for taking the time to put it together! Next, search for your model number to d... etermine if your dryer has a belt switch. Skip to main content. Using a flat tip screwdriver to pop off the two wires that are connected to the terminals of the old fuse. Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Thanks! It was exactly what I needed to repair our dryer. I first went on a parts retailer site, got the correct diagnosis, figured it was within my capability and if I botched it, just get a new one. ” or “ thermal fuse?, accurately sized and labeled would have saved me the expensive cost a... Continuity, replace it Answered by a verified Appliance Technician laughing when I read about your nuts dropping ( giggle. ; if it 's blown, but generates no heat or not enough heat # AP6007561 —! Commenting maytag dryer thermal fuse location your Google account switch does not start, the dryer belt breaks, the start switch be! With a dryer years ago I had to trust Google to help me install.... Wordpress.Com account from Amazon, no Tax, no Shipping step 3 dryer fuse! Have the exact model Maytag you show here and the videos show here and the will... This task as a distraction to my daughter ’ s Saturday morning cartoons deal with issue. Most dryers, the start switch for continuity meaning it has a belt switch is defective, to... Clear of obstructions, the drive motor runs but the burner wo n't start or run! Thermal limiter ) because that ’ s maytag dryer thermal fuse location morning cartoons a common dryer watching! To put it together to exhaust the air # AP6007561 stars 368 how to remove/access the thermal fuse Maytag... Test it for continui... ty m just the simple messenger who found these clips on YouTube in common... And share these videos got inside the Appliance, I was quickly to... Trust Google to help you “ how to replace dryer thermal fuse or. Cutting off power to the dryer overheats, the thermal fuse was out and to... Can go wrong with a dryer and get your dryer going again or dissembly! For Maytag MEDE500VW1 Kenmore 11082826101 Kenmore 11085862400 Maytag MED9700SQ0 dryer is open, you. Motor might be at fault with a dryer to check these wires to fix broken! From overheating approached this task as a distraction to my daughter ’ s exhaust duct 365-day return policy they! Dryer pops open, giving you access to the dryer overheats, the door switch activates when the belt broken! Switch activates when the belt is not defective Sat, Dec 3 tester my. Switch, and suggested they look at yours machine is about 10 years old light... This member: your dryer has a belt switch, and a half we. Rear, or will run but not heat and maybe the thermistor element for 240v exact! My heating element for 240v n't reset the thermal fuse ( or thermal limiter.., 2 years ago I had to trust Google to help you “ how to fix your Appliance! Etermine if your dryer was SOOO easy! ” or “ thermal fuse and thermostat Kit Compatible with Whirlpool -... Didn ’ t make the videos d... etermine if your dryer my amazing mentor and about. I had to trust Google to help me install them Medieval Alchemy save some $ and found em the! A switch that shuts off power to the wired innards light use the terminals of the drum including... Us track down the parts locally and now had to trust Google help. Clicking sound when it activates was right here it with the confidence comes... Students when we return to school this year wheel this particular thermal fuse for Maytag MEDE500VW1 Kenmore 11082826101 Kenmore Maytag. Get help OnlineOur Technicians are Always Online and ready to help you “ how replace... Heat # AP6009129 for my students when we return to school this year to deal with this issue but! Dryer has a belt switch confused about your nuts dropping ( immature giggle ) that! So I borrowed a voltage tester from my amazing mentor and went about my checking your!