Tennessee College of Applied Technology Mcminnville Hybrid LPN Program, DosageHelp.com - Helping Nursing Students Learn Dosage Calculations. What are the requirements to get into the Lpn hybrid class? The program involves a ton of studying!!!! Yep, I'm in my 2nd semester at TTC/Chattanooga State. It is overwhelming at times and stressful, but you will get used to it! Practical Nursing Program Specific Requirements submitted to: Linda Hafley at 1100 Liberty Street, Knoxville TN 37919 phone: 865-766-4359. We had to buy ours at the bookstore...it was called the "oscar". The only major offered is Licensed Practical Nurse Training (LPN). Our mission is to Empower, Unite, and Advance every nurse, student, and educator. All Practical Nursing applicants must also complete prerequisite classes in Anatomy & Physiology I & II and Dosage Calculations for Nurses. TCAT Nashville will be one of their hybrid campus sites. The mission of the Practical Nursing Program is to provide technical training to prepare members of the community and surrounding areas to become compe­tent providers of health care in hospitals, clinics, long-term health care facilities, and related industries. :) In my class several people bring their laptops and we share notes with each other so that if someone misses something then its probably in someone elses notes. If you dont know how to do something then odds are that someone else in the class knows how. The Jackson Regional Practical Nursing Program provides the theory and skills necessary to perform as an entry level practical nurse upon successful program completion. Things may be different in Shelbyville but that is what the program in Nashville is like! I have heard that all of the TTC LPN programs are similar. Maybe you can give me some insight. I started the LPN program on May 3rd and just finished up my 6th week. A Nursing Assistant graduate then must pass the state licensure test. Both classroom and clinical experiences are a huge part of this program. The Tennessee College of Applied Technology does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, ethnicity or national origin, sex, disability, age status as a protected veteran or any other class protected by Federal or State laws and regulations and by Tennessee Board of Regents policies with respect to employment, programs, and activities. Select and complete the 01 New College Applicant or 02 Returning TCAT Application Type for application to the Practical Nursing program. You need it because the class has assignments which count towards the final grade and they are from the chapters in the book. The curriculum covers 1296 contact hours include 500 hours of hands-on clinical experience. The mission of the Practical Nursing Program is to provide students with the knowledge and skill to enable them to become successful members of today's health care workforce. I am excited to ultimately be accepted into the program. The mission of the Practical Nursing program is to provide the technical instruction and skill development for the student to become gainfully employed in the nursing field. 1-612-816-8773. Also, you will probably need a rolling backpack because those books are very heavy. The last day of the class is 12th December 2016. … Provide a regular high school diploma or GED transcript. The TCAT Crossville website turns out to have a pretty thorough page about the nursing program and I was even able to download the handbook and a host of other resources. Try your best to stay organized. Basically, it is extremely fast paced! The flexibility of open-entry scheduling allows students to start school anytime without waiting for a specific date (i.e. 125. Please share your experiences. Applications are accepted fall, spring and summer semesters. 2020-2021 Academic Year. I have a question do you need any books if you do the online prerequisite classes? Starting the first week of class we had between 5-7 tests a week! Best decision I made was to attend here! The math final MUST be 81 at Chatt State or you are out, doesn't matter what you've made on any other tests. However, the part-time program is only available at the Paris campus. But the material is harder and requires more studying. It is definatly not easy and since you have to maintain a 80 average a few people failed A & P. The first semester is a lot of book work and not a whole lot of fun.