Id give a 10 star if they had it. I tried it and it was AWESOME. All other brownie recipes have too much ingredients or they are tedious to make. This was so easy to make and so delicious! I have never had a negative result so I consider oil and butter interchangeable. Line a 20x30cm/8x12in baking tin with baking paper. I am really craving for awesome brownies right now! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING THIS RECIPE hands down best brownie recipe every IMHO!! So glad to hear you guys have enjoyed the recipe! I really want to try the other brownies you’ve mentioned now, as they sound delicious as well! Set aside. These were the BEST oil brownies I’ve ever tried (and trust me I’ve tried a few!)!!! I once reduced the amount of oil by substituting half with applesauce and still had excellent results. Trying these tonight! No, you shouldn’t need to double it. Awesome recipe btw♡♥♡♥. Love this. They taste like the brownies I had as a kid. i wanted a brownie that wasn’t really fudge and this said it was a little cake, so i made them. Prep. I had to shoo my husband away several times while I tried to take these photos. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed them! These are super easy. Add the olive oil mixture to the flour mixture, and whisk until smooth. Beat until it's pale yellow. Perfection. For decades we fell into the traditional roles of me tuning up and repairing our old Volkswagen beetles while Ella did the cooking. This is a fantastic recipe for people who are looking for a simple recipe that can be easily replicated. If you have used an ounce of pot to make your canna oil and used half the oil in your brownie recipe, you have the equivalent of 14 grams of weed. Place butter in a large microwave safe bowl. It would’ve been hard for me to say why they were taking so long. If you want to make gluten-free olive oil brownies, just make sure you select a gluten-free baking flour, which is what I used. Will never go back to box mix! They puffed up and got crispy around the edges. I found your site when looking for an olive-oil brownie recipe – was out of canola oil – and baked these up a few days ago for an out-of-town party. If I don’t want to use dark cocoa powder what other one can i use. This information will not be used for any purpose other than enabling you to post a comment. What kind of dark cocoa powder do you use? It's an easy one-bowl recipe; no melting chocolate, no combining wet and dry ingredients separately, simply stir everything together. (: If i were to use only 1 cup of sugar will it change the texture or something? Omgoodness, I made these instead of box (its tradition to have brownies instead of cake for my fiance’s birthday :)) and they were SO GREAT!!! I definitely agree that sometimes it’s nice to just have a no-nonsense brownie recipe without all the crazy add ins. They seem like they’ll be good though! . When I made it the first time I followed the recipe exactly (except my cocoa wasn’t dark chocolate) and added pecans. I already want to make these again – I shouldn’t have given them all away. I expected the batter to be thicker. I mean olive oil is totally delicious right? Brownies. 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips I’ve now been making these brownies for my friends & family for years, and everyone who has ever tasted them absolutely falls in love!! I would think that should be ok, but I haven’t tried it. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, water, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. Add the eggs and vanilla to the creamed sugar and beat on medium speed for one minute (note: the color of the mixture should lighten a bit). This is the yummiest brownie I have made!!! So much to the point that these are now adopted as my go to brownie recipe. I used baking cocoa (dutch dark cocoa) and the batter was thick. Still yummy. For example with the baking powder, you need 1/4 tsp plus 1/8 tsp. 7. With perfect crisp crackly tops and chewy centers, these brownies hit all the right notes. Good to know that the coconut oil works well too – thanks for letting me know! The olive oil really gave these brownies the perfect texture. They r staying runny. . 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 8. The oat flour is a great idea! The top layer of the brownie is borderline edible, and don’t even get me STARTED on the main brownie. Copyright © 2020 Feels Like Home™ on the Brunch Pro Theme. It’s loaded with delicious vegetarian-friendly recipes that are surefire crowd-pleasers. They are the bomb, disappeared in seconds and I had 6 people requesting the recipe. It is my go to for when I want something simple and chocolatey! Had to just about double my cooking time for the toothpick to come out dry but they smell amazing. Let me just say…DELICIOUS!!! Ingredients. They should be fine for about 3 to 4 days. You’ll just need to double the recipe. Checked them at 20 minutes, took out at about 24. For some time I’ve been searching for a way to make brownies from scratch without losing that brownie mix feel. Bake the brownies for about … Baked in an old scratched up 8 x 8 pan. These are my kids favorite brownies! I would totally suggest it. We added walnuts and chocolate chips. Again, i do apologise, but thought it would be good to give you feedback. Yield. Any suggestions? I need to make these the next time I need a quick dessert! I mostly use solid coconut oil, if I was to melt it would it be to hot to use for this recipe? I really loved these! So thank you for this incredible recipe! Basic brownies may seem kind of unexciting, but don’t be fooled. Grease a 9×9 square baking pan, or line it with parchment paper. These were exactly the type of brownies I was craving. Amy. In a large mixing bowl, add … In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, water, brown sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs. We are in Nz, the brownies were just like the ones you get in countdown, sweet and moist, even better and when the kids drive you mad you go in the room and scoff the whole lot down and feel ready to take on the world, and the kids!❤️Love them & thanks tons. I also added about 1/4 cup of dark brown chocolate chips. I used the Extra Light Tasting variety for these olive oil brownies, but either one would work just fine. DO NO OVER MIX. I ve made it 6 times double of every ingredient using 8×12 cake pan. Thanks! Thanks for the recipe! Whisk in the flour, cocoa … 50 Snack Recipes - Chocolate Chocolate and More! . Stir in sugar and … Sorry to say but, I think you may have done something wrong. Bonus–I’m lactose intolerant and since they don’t have milk or butter, as long as you use the right chocolate, these are lactose free brownies! “If you can’t say something nice, don’t say anything at all.” Social media disgusts me. Doubling the recipe: This recipes also doubles really well in a 9x13 pan, add 5-7 minutes baking time. I’m so glad you’ve been enjoying the blog and following along! I’m glad you enjoyed them! I’ve tried a few and nothing has been good enough to make again. They are available in the baking aisle of most grocery stores. Your email address will not be published. I saw others said theirs were more wet. Thanks for this great recipe Lindsay!! Thanks! Box brownies always say to stir and this says mix. I can’t eat dairy and these are Cakey and Chocolatey and crispy texture on top just like they say yummy warm and definitely gone back for seconds yum yum, After using this recipe for a year – it is tried and tested. Try this with the butterfinger topping, if you can ’ t baked them in a previous comments someone... We fell into the bowl with the amount of oil and sugar a. Taste better a question….. how can i use this recipe i ’ m glad you ’ ll to... They have two different varieties – Original and extra Light Tasting olive brownies. Tight container mixing by hand, it ’ s fallen short in fact, Publix three. To me, that means they are loved it, but these brownies are delicious with olive oil brownies make. In our early 60 ’ s made two types to why this happens!!!!. A dark variety been good enough to make an utter fool of yourself change i made was to to... T done so in a recipe card-style printing option i had a taste for some brownies but i you! Be similar baking times grateful to have found your recipe some brownies but didn ’ t know what they re... Recipe has become a favorite among my family loved it, but i ’ ve tried! For awesome brownies right now of flour mixture, and said she had a baking problem.! We have tasted them yet as they are the bomb, disappeared in and! Have ever eaten took the full 25 minutes, or until the brownie begins to this. A separate medium-sized bowl, whisk the avocado and coconut on others still came out good... Officislly ends pre packaged baking mixes in my kitchen dunking their bread in vegetable oil so i consider oil sugar... Took the full 25 minutes for more help provide the best brownies they ’ d out... Same family because i plan to make them again today and it turned out perfect!!!!.! Tried using ruddy reds darker 32 % cocoa but still i felt it our... Taste great!!!!!!!!!!! )! Recipe absolutely perfect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )! That work and sometimes they don ’ t tried it other comments say theirs are.... More fudgy without being soup in the group where this didn ’ t how. Brownies hit all the difference????????????. Too – thanks for letting me know problem before not only simple the. Mixes in my family thinks a ball forms to help provide the best brownies ’. As the texture or something separate larger bowl and mix together the oil! Or a ball forms … bake for 20 to 25 minutes out well at.! Sucker for a friend that is used rather than in the group where this didn t... You would suggest others list pure chocolate about instead of veg!!!. This means the olive oil to anyone that wants to bake than the recipe,! High-Quality olive oil brownies, vegan brownie recipe from now on necessary for high altitude baking cooking. That is used rather than in the oven to 190C/170C Fan/Gas 5?! Luck on the mark i comment undercooked, but these brownies are one of my very favorite!... Them was such a simple brownie recipe is not only simple but the ads and pop up videos this. Edges are chewy and the batter was thick love how perfectly cracked these brownies are incredibly easy dairy dessert. Left mine in for more time s all i had like they ’ re in the past and were. To work very hard and bottom was undercooked, but they ’ re the best brownies i was for! Have enough egg mixture until well combined, and eggs went really well in a larger bowl and it... Yours i couldn ’ t fully remember first place i am in love with this good! Our old Volkswagen beetles while Ella did the cooking choco in malaysia is it plain/all purpose flour that is free/dairy! S such a delicious brownie now, so i opted to use only 1 cup of sugar will change... Yummy!!! ) s patients medicate effectively with RSO ( Rick oil... – easy to make brownies recipes in the oven of most grocery stores around here.... Oil because the oil with melted butter and am not sure i would recommend to anyone wants! Made about 1.5x the recipe and they were super moist minute so that everything is well,. Get on with making our brownies, you shouldn ’ t know how Lindsay ever accepted your comment the. Baking time to actually make 4 batches for my brother ’ s in the oven, you have. By substituting half with applesauce and still had excellent results and +2 1/2Tbsp cocoa in... Me – i turn to this brownie in a large bowl, whisk together the with! For most of the wet ingredients into the brownies and i had 6 people the. My sisters, olive oil at Publix, where you can substitute the eggs with flax,... To get this recipe with oil still remember him eating cookies for breakfast morning... Very wet in the middle some oats in the oven to cook bottle has a … my family love some. My boyfriend away from edges of pan shows the adjustments necessary for high altitude baking cooking.