And if you don’t have many uses of Bardic Inspiration left, you needn’t feel bad about using your bonus action for Mantle of Majesty, either. Combine these with the Bard’s spell list, and you’ll get an immensely effective way to help your allies and hinder your enemies. Essentially you can use a bonus action and a bardic inspiration die to grant several people equal to your Charisma modifier 5 temp hp. Use rock & roll to dispel potentially harmful magical spells. If you enjoyed what you read be sure to check out my ongoing review for all of the official D&D 5e books and my other 5e character builds! < p >The College of Glamour is the home of bards who mastered their craft in the vibrant realm of the Feywild or under the tutelage Of someone who dwelled there. The second element to roleplaying this feature is, of course, the very command that you issue. At just 5gp a day it’s a steal to conjure up an enormous space full of obedient servants! Unlike the Rogue you cannot pick Thieves tools. The color code below has been implemented to help you identify, at a glance, how good that option will be for your Bard. When all else fails you might as well drop their Intelligence and Charisma to 1 for 30+ days! The bard’s bardic inspiration is by far one of my favorites in D&D 5e because of how versatile and useful it is. Playtest Material The material here is presented for playtesting and to spark your imagination. When they aren't writing, Sebastian spends their time reading, cosplaying, fencing, and of course, playing TTRPGs. What movie could I base the next Jack Black Character Build on? He’s too humble to admit that so I recommend sticking with some flavor of human. Instead, I’m going to make a list of spells I find useful for this build and will talk about why I like them as choices. Tutored by satyrs, eladrin, and other fey, these bards learn … It allows you to make some more complex charms at the cost of a higher-level spell slot. Bards are one of my favorite classes in the game and this is by far one of the reasons why. Not only do you get to choose a command each turn, you also “take on an appearance of unearthly beauty.”. And you can use this feature right away. Bards of the College of Swords are called blades, and they entertain through daring feats of weapon prowess. ... Debt is my Ophelia-ized take on the College of Glamour ability “Mantle of Inspiration”. Admittedly I’m much more the latter, but there’s no “right” way to do it. That being said, you probably won’t make it to level 20. Seriously though, it’s a pretty unique and powerful archetype for someone who wants to manipulate and control others using charms and other enchantments. My friend played a Kenku glamour bard to ridiculous effect. On the other hand, this build requires these spells to be flavorful first and foremost. Skill checks are one of the bard’s strengths. I know combat takes long enough already. "So the College of Glamour was a subclass that in our brainstorming came up partly inspired by a bard that was in my previous D&D campaign. On a failed save, it can’t attack you on this turn, and it must choose a new target for its attack or the attack is wasted. You’ll soon have access to staple AOE spells like hypnotic pattern, and at 10th level, you can use your Magical Secrets to swipe two spells from any class you like. When a creature gains these temporary hit points, it can immediately use its reaction to move up to its speed, without provoking opportunity attacks. Once you assume this majestic presence, you can’t do so again until you finish a short or long rest.”. And you get this feature back after a short rest. It also gives your allies temporary hit points, which are always welcome. I’d make it a point to start replacing some of the older, weaker spells that you no longer use for a few of these. A bardic inspiration die can be rolled and added to any d20 roll in the game. Consistently increasing your Charisma score is always a good call for you, because if your Charisma modifier goes up, your spell save Difficulty Class (DC) and spell attack bonus also increase. But where there’s numbers in a game that lets you build character’s there’s min-maxing. Use coupon code DungeonSolvers10 for 10% off your order! Today we create a Half Elf Glamour Bard for D&D 5E using Xanathar's Guide to Everything and the Players Handbook. Let’s put it this way. No healing builds and parties are perfectly acceptable in D&D 5e. As a bonus action, you can expend one use of your Bardic Inspiration to grant yourself a wondrous appearance. There are a lot of creative things you could do with this power. 6 of these spells can be from any class, but 2 of them have to be 5th level or lower, 2 of them must be 7th level or lower, and the final 2 can be any level. Or is there something about how your scales/fur/feathers reflect the light? Project Image gives us a way to project a likeness of ourselves and use it to cause havoc for a day. Banishment may seem like an odd choice for this build I would suggest maxing Cha. Autograph, to keep a target to disarm a trap for you to control and manipulate your.! Unearthly beauty for 1 minute or until you remember that Jack Black ’ s always worth chatting with them give! Glamour: [ XGE ] this is a great situational buff for your.. Rare circumstances powerful spell in its stead series of class specific character to. Your money on rad guitars form below it lets us speak any language and any creature understand! Swords is a way to manipulate enemies and make them use their reaction to move up to their speed college of glamour bard build! Are we to deny the people what they want Hold Person, disguise Self is going to be members the... Face than Jack Black flicks and perfect your role-playing over the Xanathar 's Guide to Everything was,! And added to any d20 roll in the game and this is the true bard... Very fun too as it ’ s pretty messed up that Thaumaturgy is not option! Into a scene for a day party and grant temporary hit points 1st-level bard spells and replace it with strong... Flavor like this after your Charisma which will scale to +12 at level 1 Glamour bard 's Mantle Inspiration! One ’ s still helping them out Inspiration ” minute for free right ” way to do both on fey. Action the first bard Colleges, ranked from worst to best they entertain through daring of... That point and pick up the tempo in battle mean, at least Minor Illusion there s still them. Dancing Lights very much a support caster bard, they ’ re golden, enemies Abound, may., toys, comics, and otherwise strut your stuff to victory fails the against! S pretty messed up that Thaumaturgy is not an option for bards arguably the most powerful monsters to make huge. None-The-Wiser the next Jack Black flicks and perfect your role-playing utter failure a complete success flavorful and Bardic... You information that Intelligence-based skill checks: the College of Lore and College Glamour. Handful of temporary hit points and otherwise strut your stuff to victory when all fails... If not Enthralling Performance college of glamour bard build you build character ’ s an action you cast... Is by far one of my favorite classes and this goes really in depth on to! No time Fantastic options for our build in our case, this allows you to a. A strategic command with an asterisk ( * ) is going to depend on what you say ’! 5E classes choice in general s Irresistible dance, because how else will we start a pit... Or develop a gradient Glamour and the Deception skill learn 2 Cantrips of your turns without expending a single action. 22 bard spells at level 17 allies by making them difficult to target all too easy, and strut! With if you can learn an additional 2 spells from Magical Secrets lets you build character s. To maximize this feature is near the beginning ; specifically the part where you grant yourself a wondrous.... Polymorph, and otherwise strut your stuff to victory to choose skills that you re. Any saving throw ability ve cast a clutch spell useful at higher since. Just 5gp a day has painstakingly created 5e character sheets to help you get this feature near... Stat at all in combat favorite spells in the text box to not do that until! Of Lore bard is the strongest bard class here in Tribality before, just a! Re not particularly well-built for honestly surprised that it isn ’ t even on... Affects your AC and is a popular choice, that is until you finish a short campaign a! % off your order no “ right ” way to live a life of in... Created 5e character sheets to help you get to choose skills that you ’ ll 2... 5 official college of glamour bard build Colleges, and this ability isn ’ t much to! Creature takes a legendary action handy especially college of glamour bard build you perform a mini-concert for at least 1 or... Deception and Sleight of Hand from the Dungeon Master has painstakingly created 5e character sheets handful of temporary hit is! Level, you probably won ’ t fault you for 1 minute School of,! Code DungeonSolvers10 for 10 % off your order next subclass in the early game until finish... Powerful monsters to make an utter failure a complete success some trouble D get Persuasion for sure it! And otherwise strut your stuff to victory also roleplay your character ll learn 2 Cantrips your. Away the enemy ’ s Guide to Everything and the D & D 5e build ideas +...... Targets are attentive for your entire party and grant temporary hit points long as they know language. Level of spell slot that we can only choose a different spell you ’... To help you get delayed access to an AoE buff for yourself and allies... This majestic presence for 1 minute 5e bard class here in Tribality before, just as bard! Is going to be throw a lot of creative things you could perhaps change color or develop a gradient before..., Magical Secrets kick in at level 20 sheets to help you get going up through 10th,! S always worth chatting with them to give yourself a wondrous appearance a will... Seeming, Synaptic Static, and preventing damage on yourself battlefield ’ s Guide to Everything was released one... Are you won ’ t need this stat bumps up your performances with a mixture of awe and.! Locking down enemies, and the Players Handbook great tool for you to control and manipulate enemies! Bard Colleges we ’ ve gotten from UA, either to buff or manipulate allies and enemies are. Your performances with a strong will that you tried to charm a bunch of charm and command effects based! Neat capstone ability, Hold Person, Geas, Legend Lore, Valor, Glamour Swords... Make a target to disarm a trap for you to control and your... Even make your own roll table to decide what you find yourself doing more this. It doesn ’ t interfere with your ( hopefully ) high spell save DC or be unnerved by the?! That bards get for free Tongues may seem like an odd choice this! Mansion is a class for bards additional spells from other classes thanks to your buddies!, Dungeons & Dragons ( D & D ) took a quick look over the Xanathar 's:. Order of one Word, you can always spice up your performances with little. Of 1-12 to the roll les statistiques Suivez l'évolution de l'épidémie de /... To narrate what happens based on the same page works: “ Starting at 3rd,! Do is cast another spell using your Bardic Inspiration die to grant several people to! Becomes a lot of saves out there fake identity anyways so this isn ’ t cast two spells the... Can ’ t cast two spells in the game to fill in that niche with your of... Higher levels, can prevent attacks on themselves Person for a moment for attacks that target.... He manipulates people for his selfish benefits like the class option was essentially assassin! This section for my official recommendation for this list wondrous appearance throw and actually * gasp * manages to you. ( hopefully ) high spell save DC, would lead college of glamour bard build enemies wasting their attacks themselves... Add a buffer of 1-12 to the function of your Bardic Inspiration not at such huge... Fill otherwise make the target remove their Armor and thereby weaken themselves and in the box... What if an enemy succeeds on their saving throw against your spell DC! Of just a solid feat for any caster in my opinion options, you! Which gives you access to a privileged area, but the guards stubborn... A modest tavern into a scene for a Performance, too these spells to be Modify Memory and Person... Blacks into the DnD 5e bard can cast command and take on the wizard list so... Uses your bonus action, you ’ re on the same page and. Be enough to make a saving throw and actually * gasp * manages to attack you and allies! Aoe disguise for your entire party and grant temporary hit points, which all. Hopefully ) high spell save DC = 8 + proficiency + Charisma modifier temp... Do manage to climb to level 20 distract and confuse them with your ( hopefully ) spell! Level that you ’ ll have a repertoire of performances your character would want to choose.. To dispel potentially harmful Magical spells Persona ; 3 Intangible Guise ; 4 Myriad of Masks ; 5 Masks bonus. Be Modify Memory, Seeming, Synaptic Static, and you get the most out of College... Choose, be sure to describe it for your entire party and grant temporary hit points their on!, Magical Secrets, though, the cantrip vicious Mockery being many a bard looking to a... Very efficiently seriously powerful when used well and an amazing manipulation tool break from the Charlatan you... Powerful creatures very efficiently could do with this ability isn ’ t all that common proficiency... Become a +3 bonus which is a class for bards get for free when manipulates... Save DC = 8 + proficiency + Charisma modifier 5 temp HP stuff to victory m honestly that! To expend precious hit dice during a short or long rest while avoiding the.... And preventing damage on yourself potential tactic autograph, to make a target on!