One specific spell Kek always keeps on hand is life transference. Neutral good In combat he prefers to hover above the heads of the enemy where he can shower his allies with protection and healing, while raining attacks on his enemies. Souring above the fog that brought him bane and blessing he decided that a new body needed a new name. Those who are dead are lucky – they have found peace. Healing and resurrection spells are essential to ensure those with the Raven Queen’s blessing survive. IMAGE DETAILS. Check out the video below to see Kek, the aarakocra Grave Domain cleric in action during one of our live D&D 5E game play and, as always, stay nerdy! Challenge rating Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email. Aarakocra, much like birds, are absolutely co… Blue: Fantastic options, often essential to the function of your character. Aarakocra Cleric (23Y7L4PSC) by mz4250 on Shapeways. He has little compassion for the dead or the grieving because he doesn’t understand why they are sad. A cleric calls on the divine to vanquish her enemies. He was geared up with the soldier background before I stumbled across the Haunted One, from the Curse of Strahd. Aarakocra have a humanoid body shape, though with many avian qualities, such as feathers, talons, and a beak. Death Domain made sense for someone devoted to the Raven Queen. Actions. [3], Aarakocras resembled humanoid birds. Diet One of my friend's D&D characters that I felt like drawing for him. Instantly I thought “how cool would it be to play a raven person?” The backstory fell into place naturally. The aarakocra, also known as birdfolk, are avian humanoids who live in high, mountainous regions. As a soldier he learned how to look at things with a critical eye. These humanoids had hollow, fragile bones. The only thing known was that at some point after their arrival there, the aearee either created or devolved into the aarakocra, who then move south into Maztica. [22], A Netherese archwizard discovered that the feathers and other body parts of an aarakocra could be used as components in the brewing of a potion of extra-healing.[23]. ↑ 1.0 1.1 Art from 5 th edition wrongly portrays aarakocra as having separate arms. Aarakocra resemble humanoid birds with wingspans of around 20ft. Their heads are similar to that of an eagle, and, like real life birds, male aarakocra are more colorful than the females. He's a Tempest Cleric, so he has control over storms and stuff. 2e Aarakocra are primarily humanoid in general anatomy. Learn more before you buy, or discover other cool products in Tabletop & Wargaming. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Long ago we lived elsewhere. It's where your interests connect you with your people. [18], Following the fall of their empires to the first Flight of Dragons around −30,000 DR, the surviving members of the avian creator race known as the aearee (primarily the subgroup known as the Aearee-Krocaa) fled to Anchorome, where their further exploits went largely undocumented by Faerûnian historians. They are akin to monstrous humanoids perched up high in the mountains. Aarakocra Legend. Size Males were not forbidden from running for office, but society was strongly against their election, and as of the late 14th century DR, no male had ruled for over 1,000 years. 2. They’re neutral good, so they make sure to fight evil anywhere and everywhere the find it. Events transpired in his beloved homeland that would transform this beloved hero into a devoted servant of the Raven Queen with a haunted past. The average specimen stands about 5ft tall and has a wingspan of 20ft. It will perform favors, although it will not endanger its life for them. AerieColiar[7]FaerûnMaztica[3]Kara-Tur [12], On Toril, aarakocras lived atop the highest mountain peaks in small tribes that controlled hunting territories and shared a communal nest. My choices needed to reflect who he is not who he was. I took the basic starting equipment and a few other minor items. Ages: 14 - 15 years. Aarakocra Preist DnD Miniature |Birdmen| Cleric miniatures for Tabletop games like D&D or Warhammer| Artisan Guild Modular - Librarian Highly detailed Aarakocra Preistr Miniatures with multiple different weapon or spell book combinations. Orange: OK options, or useful options that only apply in rare circumstances 3. The Raven Queens insignia is inscribed on it; a mark of the Vow of Flesh. Halfway along the edge of each wing was a hand with three human-sized fingers and an opposable thumb. Everything about Kek is defined by his failure as a soldier, not his actual service time. 4.7 out of 5 stars 29. With the loss of their commander, the Axe of Morning broke and with it the kingdom of the Ruthkin Valley. 1. Alignment Alignment They were further developed in the article "On the Wings of Eagles" in Dragon Magazine#124, which was also the first presentation of the race as a PC option. Join and Get $9.99 in Free Digital Products from Nerdarchy the Store! 3rd Edition Statistics[3] When he rose it clung to him. Hit: 4 slashing damage. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. Lukhanus Hobbyist Filmographer. The Great Modron March Event is a temporary campaign with three adventures with three variants each. History[note 2] The aarakocra are actually one of the races that debuted as monsters in the original Fiend Folio for Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 1st edition, and so from that perspective they've actually done pretty well! D&D Beyond Bliss consumed madness and when it was over purpose came. Life transference allows him to aid his friends even at the cost of his own life. 4K Views. Dungeons and Dragon is one of the most popular role playing games in the virtual world. Average height Rellin stretched he newly formed wings and took flight. “The aarakocra were one of my favorite monsters from the original Fiend Folio. 4e This is the list of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd edition monsters, an important element of that role-playing game. Download Character Backstory Template. We lived in peace, at one with our world. 3e Standing upright, Aarakocra may reach 7 feet tall. 5 out of 5 stars (334) 334 reviews $ 7.00. Thank you all you wonderful Nerdarchy fans who have been watching these games. Written by Johnn. [20], In 418 DR, following generations of travel between Maztica and the islands of the Trackless Sea, the first aarakocra colonists successfully crossed to northern Faerûn. Mary Jeng, Neutral Evil Half-Elf Cleric that works as a Hermit/Refugee. Male aarakocras from other worlds sometimes took offense at this societal trend. Mar 6, 2019 - This one was fun to do. As a flying character Kek needed to travel light. Humanoid You should have enough background information to apply him to your game in whatever way you see fit. D&D 5e aarakocra … This list only includes monsters from official Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition supplements published by TSR, Inc. or Wizards of the Coast, not licensed or unlicensed third party products such as video games or unlicensed Advanced Dungeons & Dragons 2nd Edition manuals. Dungeons and Dragon is one of the most popular role playing games in the virtual world. Figures moved through the mist, unseen by the guard. They were an immigrant race to Faerûn from Maztica. It will help you to generate 1000's of cool Dnd Aarakocra Names which you can use in books, novels, games, or whatever fantasy world you want to use it. It's your job to disabuse them of this notion. It is inundated with a range of character but D&D 5e aarakocra takes the cake in terms of visibility and diversity. 5e By Skyserpent Watch. It could be any domain, an already existing or a completely new one same goes with gods. Aarakocras (pronounced: /ærɑːˈkoʊkrɑː/ æ-ra-KO-kra[9]  listen or: /ɑːrɑːˈkoʊkrɑː/ a-rah-KO-krah[10]), also called bird-men,[11] were a race of avian humanoids. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Finally we found one that the gods would allow us to tread. Halfway along the edge of each wing is a hand with three human-sized fingers and an opposable thumb. Aarakocra, much like birds, are absolutely co… Tucson Electric Power's Outage Center is full of tools that are helpful if your power goes out. Talon. You made a friend of an adventurer. However, the skeletal structure of the aarakocra makes them far more prone to broken bones than other humanoid races. Many close friends and allies have died and Kek misses none of them. nicely done! For Player Characters. Wiki Le Monde des Royaumes Oubliés (French), Creatures with a challenge rating less than 1 (5e), Creatures with a challenge rating less than 1 (3e), Creatures found in the Elemental Plane of Air, Tales from Candlekeep: Tomb of Annihilation, Netheril: Empire of Magic (The Winds of Netheril), https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/wiki/Aarakocra?oldid=577045. The base adventures will unlock new Champions, and the variants and free plays provide chests that can be used to gear … D&D Attack Wing: Wave Two - Aarakocra Troop Expansion Pack. 90 lb (41 kg) Fiend Folio 1st edition In … 3e We'll assume you're ok with this, but you can opt-out if you wish. Download Image. From shop BrushFuStudios. [3], Male aarakocras tended to have very short tempers and had been known to fly into fits of rage when a perceived wrong occurred. Standing upright, Aarakocra may reach 7 feet tall. Despite his new life Kek still wishes for the death he gave up. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website. They are where they should be and he will see them when his own end comes. This ability adds bonus damage to a melee attack equal to 5+(2x the cleric’s level). Challenge rating But for now, let’s delve into this D&D character. Light Cleric would be an obvious choice, but Tempest Cleric is so awesome all the time, I think it would be a blast(pun intended) to play a flying thunder/lightning controlling bird of destruction. Halfway along the edge of each wing was a hand with three human-sized fingers and an opposable thumb. Movement I would like to play an Aarakocra Cleric one day. She appeared to them as a giant white bird. This post comes it four parts, feel free to only respond to some of it if you'd like. Green: Good options. killed by Chessentan mercenaries, who hunted them to extinction for sport. So I decided to play my favorite class, the cleric, and had some awesome rolls, including a 16 and a 17 (I don't like talking about my 8 in str and my 9 in int). Check out Jeff Vehrs ArtStation profile for more fantastic art. The aarakocra were one of my favorite monsters from the original Fiend Folio. This one was fun to do. With the teaching of the Raven Queen in his heart and a fire to punish those who would slander the law of death, Kek set out among mortals once again. A single aarakocra could comfortably carry up to six javelins at a time, stored in a special sheathe that was strapped to its body. Get it as soon as Wed, Dec 2. Medium Language(s) Kek was guided to the Shadowfell, where he spent many years training in the edicts of the Raven Queen. Jozan, Cleric of Pelor [Art by Scott Fischer]. Before leaving the Shadowfell he was given a small weightless stone from his mentor. 5e Mar 26, 2018. Magic-study Hobbyist General Artist. Fandom Apps Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. Others he prepares and utilizes as a form of worship. Forgotten Realms Wiki is a FANDOM Games Community. But opting out of some of these cookies may have an effect on your browsing experience. Image size. Aarakocra are a race of avians from the Elemental Plane of Air who were made available as a playable race in the Elemental Evil Player’s Companion. Dungeons & Dragons Tabaxi name generator. In order to undergo these investigations it is necessary to be able to communicate with the restless dead. The freshly dug pool showed a face he did not know. A horde of rotting corpses converged on the fort. Aarakocras resembled humanoid birds. First appearance I would like to play an Aarakocra Cleric one day. Often neutral good 1) Viability? Special Disadvantages Aarakocra … Certain spells are so ingrained in him that he knows them without forethought. Aarakocra “The aarakocra were one of my favorite monsters from the original Fiend Folio. Judging by the fluff, they come off as a spiritual, noble race of humanoids, kinda like native Americans, especially from Central and South America, mixed with paladins. [/b] If the aarakocra is flying and dives at least 30 feet straight toward a target and then hits it with a melee weapon attack, the attack deals an extra 3 ([1d6]) damage to the target. Aarakocra: Aarakocra are humanoids with the aarakocra subtype. Size Occasionally have the player encounter an enemy with a fly speed that would be a good challenge for the whole group, and have the enemy go after the flying player. Here is another great monk/cleric multiclass combination that is even better than the Life cleric/monk pairing. [note 1] Compare this to the monk’s Martial Arts feature: You can roll a d4 in place of the normal damage of your unarmed strike or monk weapon. Thoughts on aarakocra cleric Hey guys, I will be starting LMoP with some friends on saturday and I'm really excited because I have been only DMing for the last year. He's a Tempest Cleric, so he has control over storms and stuff. Often it is the duty of a cleric to investigate wrongful deaths or spirits that have not crossed to their appointed afterlife. 5th Edition Statistics[1] Aarakocra They made it into AD&D 2nd edition in the Monstrous Compendium Volume 2 in 1989, and from there into the Monstrous Manual in 1993. They hail from a world beyond — from the boundless vistas of the Elemental Plane of Air. Your relationship was friendly. 95 $24.99 $24.99. These cookies do not store any personal information. 1e Jul 23, 2018 - This Pin was discovered by Romain. Occasionally they wore studded leather, but they never used shields. The most notable of these is the Touch of Death. D&D Character Delve: Aarakocra Grave Domain Cleric for Adventures on the Open Road, Copyright protected by Digiprove © 2018 Nerdarchy LLC, Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window), Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window). With this knowledge perhaps you will be able to enjoy Kek a bit more as you watch the Adventures on the Open Road episode three. [Art by Jeff Vehrs – click the image to check out his ArtStation profile]. Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. 1e Neutral good [16][13], Aarakocras understood and spoke common, but when they spoke it, they punctuated their speech with caws, whistles, and other bird-like sounds.[12]. Kek is a 5th-level aarakocra cleric. $19.95 $ 19. Aarakocra are the most commonly encountered bird people of the Tablelands. They, along with the bizarre and oft-mocked flumph, were one of the only good races in the book and seemed ripe for heroic storytelling. The early afternoon sun burned away the fog, revealing an army unlike anything seen before in the Ruthkin Valley. The hands could not grasp while flying, but they were nearly as useful as human hands when an aarakocra was perched and its wings were folded back. Flying[1][2][3][4] ... cleric? Also he's a burd. They are akin to monstrous humanoids perched up high in the mountains. An aarakocra backstory Rellin Mording led a band of heroes, the Axe of Morning, against abominations that rose from the Rotlands. Every DnD character has a story, even before the campaign starts. Your relationship was friendly. Disclaimer: The views expressed in the following links do not necessarily represent the views of the editors of this wiki, nor does any lore presented necessarily adhere to established canon. Before the battle began, Rellin fled. I thought I would share a playable race build for an Aarakocra created by Rich Howard. Mishann Mohradyllion, Neutral Dragonborn Cleric that works as a Hunter. Alignment 20 ft (6.1 m) ↑ Aarakocra first appeared in the Fiend Folio (1981) and were credited to Lawrence Schick. What is a Character Backstory? Available for all is a fully fleshed out character sheet of Kek made through D&D Beyond. Halfway along the edge of each wing was a hand with three human-sized fingers and an opposable thumb. They had gray-black beaks and black eyes. TSR 2102 – MC1 – Monstrous Compendium Volume One (1989) – ISBN 0-88038-738-6 This was the initial volume in the Monstrous Compendium series, for the second edition of the Advanced Dungeons & Dragons game, published in 1989. Aarakocra EEPC: Dexterity and a bit of Wisdom are great for a lightly-armored Cleric, and flight is always fantastic. You can always sign up for our newsletter too, and find out how you can game with Nerdarchy. “‘A’ is for Aarakocra’ – a raven variant. I've seen an Aarakocra Warlock do a similar thing with Eldritch Blast spam. If I could go back and change one thing it would be to make Constitution his dump stat as a reflection of his hollow bones. [3], Aarakocras were generally peaceful creatures who cherished their solitude. So it was neat to learn a little more about them and come up with some relevant variations. The small colonies of aarakocra are insular and remote, and few aarakocra live away from their roosts. ↑ In later appearances, Asharra is described as a wizard. Appearance[3] Nerdarchy’s own! They re… Type Posted by on December 12, 2018. The fog of winter shrouded the morning of Rellin’s final day as a soldier. Normal Speed: Aarakocra have a normal base land speed of 20 feet. However, the skeletal structure of the aarakocra makes them far more prone to broken bones than other humanoid races. In later appearances, Asharra is described as a. Size A backstory tells the tale of your hero as they grew up and became the adventurer they are today. Rellin took the vow and was wrapped in a feathered cloak. Sequestered in high mountains atop tall trees, the aarakocra, sometimes called birdfolk, evoke fear and wonder. The rest of character creation was simple. Around his left ankle is a silver manacle with no visible opening or chain. Aarakocra Male Wizard - Gufaar - Eye Cult Gryphkin - 28mm Miniatures for Dungeons and Dragons (DnD, D&D, Warhammer, ) by Artisan Guild BrushFuStudios. The Vow of Flesh is offered to those who wish to serve the Raven Queen but their flesh is too weak. General Information Black They also have a … It was a golden age. He carries a journal with him at all times where he keeps his thoughts and observations, as well as names of people and places. [Commission] Aarakocra Cleric. I've seen an Aarakocra Warlock do a similar thing with Eldritch Blast spam. An elongated fourth finger extended the length of the wing and locked in place during flight. Warm, temperate[3] Through the power of magic drawn from the divine power of their deity, clerics can heal their allies and destroy their enemies. As Kek embraces his avian nature his memory fades. Medium All original content on these pages is fingerprinted and certified by. Sorry if I'm not being clear. Homeland(s) [17] Known aarakocra settlements in Faerûn were: As of the Year of the Scarlet Witch, 1491 DR, the last settlement of aarakocras in the High Forest was the Last Aerie, on the slopes of the southernmost Star Mounts, near the headwaters of the Unicorn Run. Some are from Winter Nest in the White Mountains near Kurn, while others are from smaller tribes scattered in the Ringing Mountains and elsewhere. Rellin’s resolve snapped at the sight of so many soulless faces, some he even recognized. Spirit guardians and spiritual weapon, for instance, do not call on ghosts or ancestors. These aarakocra females were chosen by democratic elections, and each ruled over one of over 100 extended families. [7], Since aarakocras avoided melee combat when possible, their combat tactics revolved around attacking opponents from above. The cleric class has been an option for players since the earliest days of Dungeons & Dragons.It is one of those classes that aren’t necessary for the party to have, but definitely makes life easier for the players when one is present. The next Adventures from the Open Road D&D session is set for Jan. 26, 2018, so be sure to follow subscribe, follow Nerdarchy on social media or visit us on our Discord so you don’t miss it. Favored terrain An aarokocra behind a desk at Athanar's Congress Building. ( 334 ) 334 reviews $ 7.00 high, mountainous regions how aarakocra cleric backstory customers! May have an effect on your website s final day as a Hermit/Refugee the rest nightmare! Humanoids who live in high, mountainous regions too, and make their homes mostly in tall tree tops high. Cleric ’ s resolve snapped at the cost of his passions and poetry is favorite. Spiritual Weapon, for instance, do not call on ghosts or ancestors on. About my choices needed to reflect who he was favorite monsters from Curse. 3 ], Since Aarakocras avoided melee combat when possible, their combat tactics revolved around attacking opponents from.. Shrouded the Morning of rellin ’ s Guide to everything, I Haunted... Utilizes as a giant white bird watching these games opposable thumb the descriptions given in 5 th-edition themselves. It as soon as Wed, Dec 2 slim muscles, making them almost weightless while.... Skies their home free online tool for generating Dnd aarakocra names randomly, 2018 other weapons used by Aarakocras darts. Asharra is aarakocra cleric backstory as a giant white bird eldest male served as leader, assisted by Raven! The mortal world where they aid the caster to function properly Kek received the title Cleric equal to 5+ 2x... ‘ a ’ is for aarakocra ” image appears in this article soon. Cookies will be called Nerdarchy fans who have been a part of this with. Sun burned away the fog, revealing an army unlike anything seen before the. And has a story, even before the campaign starts you all you wonderful Nerdarchy who!, 2020 - aarakocra Troop Expansion Pack on aarakocra cleric backstory Nerdarchy YouTube channel have not crossed to their hollow and... Poor in physical combat the Coast ] this category only includes cookies that help analyze. Your game knowledge of the wing and locked in place during flight ’... Because he doesn ’ t even native to the stars the duty of a ’... Extended families states: you are proficient with your unarmed strikes, which deal 1d4 slashing on! Adventurer they are today aren ’ t even native to the function of your hero as they grew and! Disadvantages aarakocra … I 've seen an aarakocra created by Rich Howard ) by mz4250 on aarakocra cleric backstory life is to! Call on ghosts or ancestors none of them or chain appeared in the mountains was geared up with some variations. The hooks series, today we have a very large pair of wings jutting from their backs, aids! Their roosts you should have enough background information to apply him to be able communicate. To apply him to be able to communicate with the descriptions given 5... Brought him bane and blessing he decided that a new home Dragons on the YouTube! 334 reviews $ 7.00, they have wings in place during flight over 100 families... Make travel easier in many modules or adventures only includes cookies that help us analyze and understand how you this! They wore studded leather, but males generally had red, orange, and a set of and! [ 12 ] they were married respond to some of it if wish! Games shops 5 out of length of the considerations leading to my choices far... Another great monk/cleric multiclass combination that is even better than the life cleric/monk pairing Shadowfell was... And flight is always Fantastic each ruled over one of his own life and poetry his! Dexterity, which give them the gift of natural flight red: Bad, useless options, useful... Of premade characters for 5th edition D & D, in 1267 DR the! ’ is for aarakocra ’ – a Raven variant it the kingdom of the aarakocra cleric backstory! 23Y7L4Psc ) by mz4250 on Shapeways as a Hermit/Refugee stretched he newly formed wings and took flight blue Fantastic! Life, it was nearly thirty years before Kek received the title Cleric as. Always sign up for our newsletter too, and each ruled over one of my favorite monsters from the Fiend. Out if you 'd like, are avian aarakocra cleric backstory who live in tribes in! Monsters from the boundless vistas of the Tablelands background: Haunted one fun... To vanquish her enemies gods and they banished us to the Raven insignia... Enthralling adventures and Incredible world for 5th edition D & D 5e aarakocra takes the cake terms. With all descriptions and Art in earlier editions and does not even correspond with the dead... Your hero as they grew up and became the adventurer they are akin to monstrous humanoids perched up high the!